Planning on starting playing local shows soon, so I'm looking into investing into some proper gear. My guitar has an active EMG on the bridge (if that matters) and we play Drop B deathcore. Budget is somewhat of an issue so I'd appreciate advice on decent amps and cabs I can look into buying (or renting). I am the only guitarist in the band, and do have a Line 6 metal effects pedal (again, if it makes a difference). My main concern is sound intensity, as we are current only a three-piece group. Thanks
Quote by mbvfan
Planning on starting playing local shows soon, so I'm looking into investing into some proper gear. My guitar has an active EMG on the bridge (if that matters) and we play Drop B deathcore. Budget is somewhat of an issue so I'd appreciate advice on decent amps and cabs I can look into buying (or renting). I am the only guitarist in the band, and do have a Line 6 metal effects pedal (again, if it makes a difference). My main concern is sound intensity, as we are current only a three-piece group. Thanks

What exactly is your budget?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Around 1000-2000$, but if there aren't any decent options available, I'd rent
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=695765

Well this should do ya just fine good sir

EDIT: Theres some other stuff worth checking out there. But for 1200, thats not bad. Snag an ISP Decimator, an OD pedal and some new tubes and you would be set
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Sep 29, 2008,
You are welcome. Glad to help out!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=695765

Well this should do ya just fine good sir

EDIT: Theres some other stuff worth checking out there. But for 1200, thats not bad. Snag an ISP Decimator, an OD pedal and some new tubes and you would be set

There is definitely more stuff worth checking out. That is really not a tremendous deal. You'd get it for much cheaper private party.
Goodness. You have a great budget. Where do you live (for used market purposes)?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
id go used, you can probably get a dual rec/ mark 4 and a decent cab for that price

Dual rec will be loose and big
Mark 4 will be tight and dry
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
id go used, you can probably get a dual rec/ mark 4 and a decent cab for that price

Dual rec will be loose and big
Mark 4 will be tight and dry

Eh. For his purposes a used 6505 or 5150 is better than a Dual Rec or MkIV, probably. I'd love to see a Splawn Nitro or Superstock, though. Or Framus....maybe a bit expensive.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.