if so, what kind of store would be a good start to look for the material???

I have an ASAT with the magnetic field single coils, and i have a set of wcr crossroads lying around that i would like to throw in it.
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
I'm not sure how you spell his name but a member of UG has a website called pickguardcorner.com and I think he offers a discount to members of UG, I'm sure someone can help you out better, but yeah, he does loads of shapes and designs.
thanks a lot
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
stewmac has pickguard material... so does guitarjonesusa.com and i think warmoth.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I did the pickguard and the truss rod cover for my EPI LP out of formica. Epoxied the formica to some plexiglass to get the thickness and strength (formica is pretty brittle):

Started making one for my strat from the same formica, cut it to size, cut/drilled the pickup and mounting holes. Then when I went to drill the hole for the pots, it cracked..Gotta start over now