Thinking about buying a new computer, dont know if i should get a macbook or a normal pc?? give me your thoughts
i prefer normal p.c's to macs...and not out of dogmatic loyalty....i have my reasons
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Pc
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
What will you be using it for?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
MacBook, just ordered mine after my uncle got one, makes more sense, so much easier to use and the creative stuff for them is great
depends on what your using it for. if just playing games or something, PC is better choice. but, pretty much everything else, mac.
PC. Don't waste your money.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
PC then

Macs are only worth the investment if you are planning on using it for a purpose (e.g music, film)
Otherwise they aren't worth the investment.

E-Married to Funny_Page
PC.

More versatile. Cheaper. You don't have to buy overpriced replacments if something goes wrong. Games.

Although it's mostly preference. I have nothing against Macs, I just prefer PC's
Quote by scouser92
Thinking about buying a new computer, dont know if i should get a macbook or a normal pc?? give me your thoughts

whats your price range?
Dick+strings= owww
Supposedly EA are bringing out games for Mac soon, don't know how true it is, they have COD4 on mac now so i'm happy
Quote by Chrisiphone
PC then

Macs are only worth the investment if you are planning on using it for a purpose (e.g music, film)
Otherwise they aren't worth the investment.

There not even worth it on the music front. You'll only miss out on Logic and garage band, as long as i can still get Pro-tools, who cares?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Pc.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
PC. Not windows though, I'm allergic to second hand ignorance.

(I use ubuntu, which means I have a bigger E-penis than mac/windows users)
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
In my experience, my macs have been much more reliable than my PC's
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Macs are a bit hard to get used to (because your not used to them) but after literally 5 days you'll hate all PC's in existence.
Is this gonna turn into a big Mac vs PC arguement where knowone will admit that the other one is good, Macs work well and they're more user friendly but windows is more versatile, although macs can run windows why spend so much money on a mac just to use windows

If u like OS X, can that run on a normal PC

I just liked the macbooks style and OS X, and I had £1000 to spend from my 18th so...
EDIT: Also, if you decide to get a desktop PC, build it yourself. It makes it alot more personal and it'll help you if any problems pop up in the future.

Quote by gagadude
PC. Not windows though, I'm allergic to second hand ignorance.

(I use ubuntu, which means I have a bigger E-penis than mac/windows users)

What about those who dual boot Ubuntu and Windows?
Last edited by Weenie_Beenie at Sep 29, 2008,
I own a macbook pro and its awesome.
but software costs dosh (microsoft office, final cut pro, photoshop etc - on mine)
but just get a PC for knocking about on.

E-Married to Funny_Page
As a macbook pro user, I can tell that stuff is godly.

Fast, easy to use, convenient and really good looking. Plus, you can install Vista using Boot Camp and voilà! No more compatibility problems!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
For "just mucking about" you can't really justify the expense of a mac.

Build yourself a lightweight desktop with a good future proofed motherboard, that way you can spend a modest amount of cash now and upgrade the parts later when they become cheaper and still keep up with the times in terms of hardware to software compatibility.

You won't be at the cutting edge of hardware, but in terms of value you'll be laughing.
As far as office needs go, PC is better. In the fine arts division of life, mac book ftw
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
Quote by scouser92

Try them both out and see what you like
also make sure you have a budget for a MAC...they are higher in price for what you get.

I prefer working on PCs, the interface is just easier to use IMO and so thats what I work with at home.
At work I am mostly stuck with MACs since I edit a lot with Final Cut Pro.
I've considered getting a Mac (just for something different) but they really are overpriced for the specs. I think I'll stick with PC's for now.

Very impressive Pit. 2 pages in and so far no 'Search bar' quip!
Get a Mac. I have an iMac(!!!) and I know they are a bit pricey but they are worth EVERY CENT. you get a beautifully built machine that will run EXTREMELY smooth. There is also SO MUCH to do on it it's ridiculous, and if you getting it for college or something, you can check the Apple Store to see if your school is part of their program. Could save you some money. Macs are better than PC, and this is coming from someone who "made the switch." Oh, and Leopard ROCKS!!!!!
I would get and apple, unless your planning on playing games.
Plus an apple has garage band and the likes on it.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

I always thought of Macs as those Fisher Price "My first computer" things just because of the lack of brainpower needed to set up/operate one... They are pretty cool now that they can run windows, but i'd still go with the PC.
G - L - O - R - I - A is love.... my friend.
Like everyone else said, macs are only worth it if you use all the features. (Video, images, music etc.)
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
It doesn't matter, the only real differences are purely cosmetic and a matter of preference.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o