I am a beginner and I want to buy a guitar. The genre I want to play is metal, not a certain type of metal, I'll see later. I have difficulties in deciding what guitar to buy. Could you help me? Would you recommend me a floyd-rose guitar or not? Thanks
A floyd rose for a beginner? naaaa,better a simple tremolo,or something with tune o matic...

Money?
I would say and ESP, or an ibanez. there are some nice cheap ESP guitars that are great!!!

www.espguitars.com
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by dubes216
I would say and ESP, or an ibanez. there are some nice cheap ESP guitars that are great!!!

www.espguitars.com

i think schecter is better for the price,low cost esp are not always well builded...
but probably,the best choice is a yamaha or a cort
no to a floyd rose set up, some of the cheaper rigs are just impossible to love

i say get an LTD or and ibanez, a straight up ESP might be a little too high price wise, but I've heard the LTD's are pretty nice for their price.

if u insist on a floyd rose, i'd go with one of the $400ish jackson dinkys
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
^ I like schecters too... I have a low cost ESP and it plays better than the expensive ones!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by dubes216
^ I like schecters too... I have a low cost ESP and it plays better than the expensive ones!!!

Cooooooooort ç____ç
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Stop-Dreaming-Start-Playing-SE-Special-Strat-Pack-With-Squier-SP-10-Amp-104486238-i1177837.gc

For someone who's beginning and never played before (and especially if you're not positive whether you'll continue playing seriously for a while), you really can't beat this deal. $200 for everything you'll need for a long time. By the time you need something that doesn't come in this package, you'll know for sure whether this hobby is something you'll continue in or put off to the side.

EDIT: Or you could go with the link in my next post since it's more of a "metal" guitar.
Last edited by PSM at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by ZaÐ
With a squier u don t play metal xD

When I read it the first time, I assumed he meant he doesn't have a guitar and is looking to get into it. If he's a beginner beginner, meaning he hasn't been playing for a bit already and doesn't have a guitar, then this is the perfect option for him regardless of the style. If he already has a guitar and has been playing for a little bit, then you are right and he will want to look at something else.

I may have misunderstood his original post.

And when I first started, I played metal with my Squier and Mexican Strats all the time. And I continue to do so with my American Strat (with humbuckers) from time to time.

But here's the same thing only an Ibanez "metal" guitar :

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-IJX121-Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package-103945184-i1168768.gc
Last edited by PSM at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by ZaÐ
With a squier u don t play metal xD

It's not really an issue - he needs to learn to play the guitar first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
first of all-do not get a floyd rose even some guitar techs have a bit of trouble with them and take ages. go for something simple yet good quality, to take an example of what I mean gibson do a "junior" make for their les pauls, so try an equivalent, cheaper version of whatever you like. (or listen to the other guys above)
Quote by steven seagull
It's not really an issue - he needs to learn to play the guitar first.

Well,that s ok,but a cort is a guitar that last you longer,and it s funnier to play too
I started out with a floyd rose now they are like the back of my hand
I cheap ibanez will do you well.

The 350 and 370 RG series are probably the cheapest.

I got my 370 for 400 CDN, a lot cheaper than 2000 cdn for a T320Z

..... I just checked the ibanez site and there's no trace of the WRS colour..... wtf.
hue
I would think about a Cort
http://www.hartnollguitars.co.uk/products.asp?id=3877 is good value
or a squier
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_bullet_strat_bk_set_1.htm
Foreign website but good starter package:
https://www.gitaral.com//product_info.php?products_id=1314

OR you could get a cheap metal guitar e.g. a cheaper BC Rich/ESP LTD or an ibanez.
Or an epiphone gothic series.

Tim N.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
If it was for a floyd rose one i was thinking at the LTD MH-53, or the Peavey Vortex V Ex; or the Jackson JS30KV King V without the floyd rose. I would especially prefer a V, but I would also like a Heavy BC Rich
Have a look at the Yamaha Pacifica 112s. They have humbuckers for nice metallyness and also single coil pickups for the softer stuff! I've got one as my first guitar. It's great!
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
I don't really like the yamaha. Right now i'm between the LTD MH-53 and the JS30KV King V. A word of advice?:-S
Not the V for a beginner, The LTD is much better suited. Shape wise you would find the V a lot more frustrating to play.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS