Hi!

I was looking for a PRS copy under £250. I was considering the Vintage VRS100 but i want to see what else there is. Im looking for one with:

. I don't want a basswood body.
. I would prefer a set neck.

By the way i a in the UK and i dont really want to by second hand. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
i'd stay away from the VRS's if i were you, they play really badly, just feel really, i dunno... limp.
they look cheap and nasty too.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Closest thing I can think of is a Dillion. You're gonna be hard-pressed to find anything for that price, though.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Sep 29, 2008,
I just bought this used for $200. It should arrive sometime during the week. Agiles are really nice guitars. My bro has ones of their LP copies and it's a gorgeous guitar, especially for the price.

They don't currently make the PS models anymore, but you may be able to find one used somewhere like I did.

Edit: Pic of the one I bought:
Last edited by madrigal77 at Sep 29, 2008,
Yeah, I went through and looked, and those types of Agiles aren't made anymore. however, Rondomusic.com IS accepting custom orders at the moment....

If you don't want a custom, THIS looks a bit like a PRS ( http://www.rondomusic.com/product841.html ), and these SX guitars are designed to resemble PRS guitars ( http://www.rondomusic.com/product1957.html http://www.rondomusic.com/ky1cus24tbu.html ). There's more like that on the Rondomusic site as well.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Yeah, I went through and looked, and those types of Agiles aren't made anymore. however, Rondomusic.com IS accepting custom orders at the moment....

If you don't want a custom, THIS looks a bit like a PRS ( http://www.rondomusic.com/product841.html ), and these SX guitars are designed to resemble PRS guitars ( http://www.rondomusic.com/product1957.html http://www.rondomusic.com/ky1cus24tbu.html ). There's more like that on the Rondomusic site as well.

Loving the blue finish on that Agile, looks good in natural too, amber, not so much, not for me anyway.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
first of all, the SE is more. i was in guitar center today and saw them for $600. these now sell new for $400 since theyre no longer produced. second, the SZ is a better guitar all around. better hardware, amazing bridge which is actually adjustiable unlike the SE, more solid IMO, and all in all looks better too
Tokai do a PRS clone, being a tokai it will be pretty sweet.
What's so bad about the SE? I was thinking about getting one with a trem.
Agiles are only available in america right? Im in the UK and don't really want to order from america or anywhere else. I think i read on Rondomusic that if i by from them then i cant get a refund if i dont like it.
Quote by lp_dude_2
first of all, the SE is more. i was in guitar center today and saw them for $600. these now sell new for $400 since theyre no longer produced. second, the SZ is a better guitar all around. better hardware, amazing bridge which is actually adjustiable unlike the SE, more solid IMO, and all in all looks better too

$400?

$400= about £221

Then i would have to pay for delivery and tax (?).

I think im willing to pay that.
I know you are not interested in the PRS se but these are teh closest you will get to sound and looks, they play and sound really good, unlike some copies.

If you do buy a copy you may be risking alot as these may be very rubbish especially for the cheap price.

Id suggest definatley considering the SE as you can find these very cheap
Quote by pak1351
^Why get a knock-off that costs more than an SE?

because the SE is a knock-off too?

back to the original question, if you can save another £50, i'd strongly consider a washburn x50pro. it's not an exact copy, but it's close enough, and is a really nice guitar for the money in the UK... comes stock with duncans, buzz feiten tuning, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm in the process of selling a VRS100. I thought it looked fantastic but played terribly.

It was never setup all that well, having said that. I reckon if it had a proper setup and you replaced some of the things on there, it'd be quite a decent axe.
Those are PRS knockoffs? Looks more like esp to me.

and that ibanez sz thing is $600 (with trem) or $500 without (musician's friend). i got my prs se for $500, you can get them for as low as 400 brand new at GC because they go on sale all the time.
that may be so, but the threadstarter is in the UK, and we don't have GC here, and also SEs are pretty expensive (here in the UK) for what they are (in my opinion). the washburn i mentioned is just as good (i'd say better) for less money, basically.

i'm not sure about those wi200s, halikus... i haven't tried them yet, but they have quite a different spec and are made in a different place to the x50 (and wi65/66) pro...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pak1351
and that ibanez sz thing is $600 (with trem) or $500 without (musician's friend). i got my prs se for $500, you can get them for as low as 400 brand new at GC because they go on sale all the time.

dude learn your guitars. the SZ series never has come with a trem, they were MADE to be fixed bridge monsters! and as for the price. you lose
Quote by King85

i wasn't aware they were that cheap, certainly over here they're still looking for around £400 for them. if they're that cheap they might be worth considering, but i'd still prefer that washburn i posted (but it is a little dearer). obviously personal preference and all that too.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys but I still havent made up my mind yet. Im gunna wait for some more posts and see whats what