I have a schecter tempest classic (http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=631) and i want to put an EMG 60 in the neck and an EMG 81 in the bridge.

I think the pickups are something like $105 each, so about $210 for both of them. Considering the price of the pickups, do you guys know how much the total cost would be for a professional to install them? and is there professionals at guitar center that can do that kind of stuff? or would i have to find somewhere else to have it done?
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
peavey 6505
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Finally... someone who wants to buy active pickups who actually owns a nice tube amp!

It shouldn't cost too much to get them installed... maybe like $30.
Quote by viper62084
I have a schecter tempest classic (http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=631) and i want to put an EMG 60 in the neck and an EMG 81 in the bridge.

I think the pickups are something like $105 each, so about $210 for both of them. Considering the price of the pickups, do you guys know how much the total cost would be for a professional to install them? and is there professionals at guitar center that can do that kind of stuff? or would i have to find somewhere else to have it done?

GC will do it. Had mine installed for $40.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
thanks for the replies, how long does it usually take for them to do it? do u drop it off and come back in a couple of days? or can they do it within a day
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
It depends. I caused a fuss because they messed up my order, so I had them overnight. It really depends on how busy the repair section of your GC is. Mine's very busy, so it'd generally take 3-5 days.

Don't judge me.
DIY and you'll be done in less than an hour. and the cost: free. well except for the soldering iron ($10-$15) and the solder ($1). and the electronics are pretty much pre-wired.
Experience is key. You don't want to do it if you have no experience.

Don't judge me.
+1 for DIY. Also, I wouldn't take it to GC if you decide to have a pro do it. I'd take it to a local shop, then I again, I have a guy I know and trust.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I did it before, with no experience. There are plenty of guides out there. Soldering is NOT hard. You don't need THAT much experience, since the guitar is a very simple circuit.

I agree, but I still think it's best to watch someone else do it the first time.

Don't judge me.
DIY isn't all that hard, unless you have to rout. But it shouldn't be all that expensive or long. A day or two, I would imagine
Quote by forsaknazrael
Mm...Not necessary. There are guides on the net on how to do a great solder joint, and there are plenty of wiring diagrams. What else do you need?

I'm also not very trusting of minors and soldering irons. But you're all right. The resources are there, and it doesn't take that much skill, just an iron and some solder.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I'm also not very trusting of minors and soldering irons. But you're all right. The resources are there, and it doesn't take that much skill, just an iron and some solder.

I'm a minor and I'm pretty damn good with a soldering iron. Well, pretty decent
Quote by mcrfobtai
I'm a minor and I'm pretty damn good with a soldering iron. Well, pretty decent

Congrats, so was I. I'm just saying, I'm hesitant to advise a 15 year old to take a soldering iron to his/her guitar. But there's a first time for everything.

Don't judge me.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Luckily, in the case of the guitar circuit, it's pretty damned hard to break anything. So it's a good place to start.

Truth.

Don't judge me.