is it just me or are birthdays/christmas not that big a deal anymore

Page 1 of 3
me and my friends were talking and the subject came up. we are all 14/15 years old.
but basically it used to be that we cared about how long till christmas/birthday was. but now they just seem like any other day of the week.

last christmas i said i didnt want anything and my parents insisted that they get me something. so i said fine get me an xbox 360 but i dont want anything else.
i dont know why but they just seem pointless now-a-days.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
I looooove xmas.
but I'm meh about my birthdays lol
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Yeah. I havn't really gotten any presents for years. Last present I got was my electric shaver, 'twas my first and only shaver I've gotten (that was my main christmas present) and I'm 20 now.

The other week it was my birthday and one of my friends from london said "are you excited about tommorow" and I was thinking "how did you know I'm having a party tommorow" so I said "er why?" and she said "It's your birthday."
i have the same thing, ever since i left school, its lost its appeal, cause i dont get any time off, and it loses its appeal the older you get.

although i like the "feel" of christmas, and going out for a nice meal on my birthday
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I know what you mean, but it's still a decent way to cash in on parental love
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Teenagers...

I don't count down to those days but they still feel different than any other day.
you just stop caring as you get older really
Sig space available, give me some praise
Nope, I still love them. Although mainly because Christmas means an amazing lunch/two weeks of holidays and birthdays mean a party.

EDIT: I also generally get money, and since my birthday is in January, for a few months I'm suddenly rich.

EDIT2: Pfft, none of you are any fun.

EDIT3: We should all have a giant Christmas party to make you guys feel better.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Sep 29, 2008,
i agree, i think the excitement wears off after 13-14.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

yeah i know what you mean, last few years ive just stopped caring
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
I'm 19. I don't remember getting much last Christmas. I think all I got was $20. My birthday this year, didn't get anything. Nothing. This christmas, I'm not asking for anything. Nor am I giving much either.

Keep in mind I don't have any fancy stuff a lot of people have: car, ipod, expensive guitars/gear, xbox360/ps3/wii.
All I got is this neat pc i bought/built. All it needs is a graphics card and I'm set.
I don't like celebrating my bday much but I still look forward to it and I absolutely love christmas, I know it's a cheesy kinda holiday but it just makes ya feel good ... unless you're a miserable b*****d all year round.
Yeah son, im 20. I haven't gotten shit in like 5 years. When I turned 19, I bought MYSELF a PS3 lol. Its all good though. It feels good when u support urself.
I'm an "08er". You Mad?
''Don't expect and you won't be disappointed.'' - my parents on presents.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
i suppose the christmas feel is good but it gets spoilt for me by all the people who go out boasting about what they are getting. even if i dont want anything i go out and buy presents for my family.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
You're getting older. It happens to all of us.

Christmas is still nice. I mean, you get to see family and all that, party with friends, etc. Plus it's for everyone. Birthdays on the other hand are gai.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Sep 29, 2008,
I hate holidays period.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It's called beginning to mature.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by dethskar0
It's called beginning to mature.

You can't call me immature just for being able to enjoy myself. I pity you guys.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I didn't say you were immature. Way to go victimizing yourself.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by dethskar0
I didn't say you were immature. Way to go victimizing yourself.

You did, just inadvertantly. And I'm not making myself into the victim, I just don't see that there's a real relation between maturity and enjoying holidays. I would say it simply relates to your personal perspective on the world.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
EDIT3: We should all have a giant Christmas party to make you guys feel better.

agreed
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Well, I'm significantly older, and all I want for my birthday is peace and quiet.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
My Christmas' and Birthdays are lame. I celebrate the birth of Aleister Crowley by sacrificing Lambs to Satan and masturbating inside a pentagram. True story.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I remember when I was a kid (like until 13) I couldn't wait for Christmas to come. It seemed to take forever....now it just kinda creeps up on me and I'm totally unprepared. Birthdays are kinda boring nowadays.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by HuckIt
I remember when I was a kid (like until 13) I couldn't wait for Christmas to come. It seemed to take forever....now it just kinda creeps up on me and I'm totally unprepared. Birthdays are kinda boring nowadays.

i know, when i was 10 i was like, "omg i really want christmas round again!!! i cant wait 12 months "

and now its basically, "wow, its christmas again, that came round quickly"
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Birthdays are kinda fun but I hate meeting new people on those days, because you always have to explain it's your birthday and I feel like an attention wh0re when I say shit like that. Christmas is weird for me, I'm not a Christian so I'm not really celebrating anything, but it is nice to see family and friends on Christmas. The presents are nice, although if I had it my way I wouldn't give or receive any presents.
I don't care about my birthday. I don't want or need gifts.

Christmas is just depressing because I got no family in the US other than my mom.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
on the subject of christmas, theyve started putting up the lights in leeds
now extra flamey
Screw you guys I love it when it's Christmas and my birthday

I love the social side of it all, but I guess I enjoy getting presents too
wat.
Quote by Ikey
on the subject of christmas, theyve started putting up the lights in leeds

you gotta be kidding me.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Only excited for milestones I can get a job this year(I'm finally 15), 18 can buy ciggys, 21 can get booze(but won't) and 25 can get pot(but will do it a bit earlier as well)

Oh and I love christmas though last year we went to Utah for some skiing with family and it was fun, but I love the feel of my family getting together and having a huge breakfast and opening gifts.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
as you get older, birthdays sort of become less and less important, but i love christmas because of that holiday-ness in the air. christmas somehow brings with it like, an aura. presents used to be more important, but now they're getting less and less important and the 2 weeks off with your friends is growing more and more important

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
You're getting old.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Favorite thing about Christmas is getting off from school .
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Remember how your birthday and christmas aren't about getting presents?

Anyways, yeah, I don't really care either anymore, I prefer to sleep in on christmas now.
They aren't a big deal as much anymore, but still a nice feeling.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Page 1 of 3