I am looking for a mic to use with my M-Audio USB Fast Track. Any suggestions ? I would like one that i don't need to hold so i can play and sing at the same time.
If you don't want to hold it you will need a stand for it. Computer mics that clip onto your shirt are no good for singing.
If you're on a really low budget, I've heard the Shure PG 57 and SM 57 are really good. But, if you've got a higher budget than that, I honestly don't know.
Get a stand and an omnidirectional microphone that'll capture the whole performance. This can work...just mount it on a stand in front of you and your guitar (hopefully it's acoustic...otherwise electric will sound distant and hollow) and rock out.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Ok thanx fast fingers. i have electric and acoustic guitars but i do use my acoustic most. I think i will give that a try. Will the mic plug straight into my fast track box ?
Yes. Get an SM57 or similar for the electric if you want to record it...obviously, you can't sing while playing.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101