I want to get my hands on a decent fuzz/crunch distortion pedal, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly. The kinda sound I wanna be able to achieve is the one Jack gets in this vid at around the 0:56 mark: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IJgc9W5lL0U

I dunno what kinda distortion stuff Jack uses (I'm almost certain everything on Wikiedia is BS), so if anyone can lend a hand and probablygive me a cheaper alternative, that'd be useful.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Dont get a marshall distortion pedal, they're just not too good
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
that tone is a combination of one of his octave pedals (digitech whammy or the Boss OC3) and a big muff. If youre into that tone thats where Id start looking.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
Quote by charlie__flynn
Dont get a marshall distortion pedal, they're just not too good

I tried a Big Muff, and it wa fun, but I don't think it was what I was looking for. I'm sure that after a load of tinkering and screwing around I could maybe wrestle it into what I want.

Quote by vampwizzard
that tone is a combination of one of his octave pedals (digitech whammy or the Boss OC3) and a big muff. If youre into that tone thats where Id start looking.

Cool. Well I have an octave pedal. Is it done with it down an octave and just moving up the board? It doesn't sound any higher or lower than a normal guitar should be.

That has an octave down added, plus the fuzz (which I think is a Big Muff).
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Hey, Jack's rig consists of an EHX Big Muff, Digitech Whammy, EXH P.O.G & A Boss TU-2. I have this stuff and I'm pretty adamant I have replicated his tone.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Check out the ZVEX Fuzz Factory. It can do a lot of crazy fuzz sounds, if your into different distortions.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.