http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-STRING-ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC-BASS-WITH-SOUNDHOLE-PICKUP_W0QQitemZ280271105838QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

OK, I am superbly uneducated when it comes to acoustic basses, I have a normal acoustic guitar, but it doesn't have a soundhole pick-up, I have no idea what is up with soundhole pick-ups.

But basically this bass is cheap, specs sound good, but what is up with the sound-hole pick-up? Is it a good thing? Should I get a normal acoustic bass with built in pick-up instead? Are they somehow better? I mean, I don't think there is any problem, but you guys would know . . . . .enlighten me?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
There's nothing correct about the phrase "good cheap acoustic bass guitar". Unless it has a paisly soundhole, costs about a grand, has a bolt-on neck and has Tacoma branded on the headstock, you're not going to be able to hang with guitars. An acoustic low B? Fuggedaboutit.

But if you insist, there's nothing too terribly complicated about an acoustic soundhole pickup. It works pretty much the same as any electric pickup, minus the ability to pick up copper strings. Should you spring for a piezo equipped bass? I wouldn't. Can't stand that clacky, harsh piezo bass sound.

EDIT: Look at that pickup. It's for a guitar. It'll barely pick up the low B and G strings, assuming it picks up the low B at all.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 29, 2008,
Oh, well thanks anyway. A search for a new bass continues . .. . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy