Ive got a budget of around £500 ( $1000? ) I play Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Metal and Shred. Id like not too have to buy pedals. Any reccommendations within those ranges are welcome.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Bugera 333XL212
Laney VC30
Randall RG50TC
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Orange Rocker 30 is just over budget at 600 on GAK. You may want to stretch to that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Bugera 333XL212Laney VC30
Randall RG50TC

Yeah, Im in love with the tone of bugera amps. I may get one, what do you guys think? Its deffo out of the 6262 212 or the 333 212

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
6262 is based on the Peavey 6505, 333 is supposedly based on the XXX series. There's a bit more versatility to be had out of the XXX series, but the 6505 is better for all kinds o' metal. its up to you to decide. but I second the rocker 30.

Don't judge me.
Im not sure about the Bugera tbh. It sounds sooo loud and that was on 3 on the master volume. I dont think it would suit my needs as I mostly need it for bedroom. Could anyone suggest an amp with those specs but much quieter. Im looking max 50 watts tube.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I must try one out sounds good around the tinterweb. How does it handle classic rock?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Sep 30, 2008,
fender super champ xd for bedroom levels or band practice.
best amp for practice with great tone that bigger amps offer.
^THEKID - as much as I like the SuperChamp too I'm not so sure it can handle Metal and Shred. Welcome to UG tho and your posts so far make sense.

However, I'm now concerned with the TS last comment of his Rage being too loud. 12joey - do you gig and you set on getting a tube amp? We may have 'talked' in one of your other threads but have you considered the Vypyr series? I have not played one yet but there is a chance you would be able to handle the lower volumes better and they have a headphone jack - not that that was a requirement.

you might be able to find a used tube amp that can do all of this as well if your budget is truely $1,000. I can't remember off top of my head but there are amps that have selectable wattages, or built in attenuators, or headphone jacks.
Quote by gregs1020
Orange Rocker 30 is just over budget at 600 on GAK. You may want to stretch to that.

+1

really... you should
However, I'm now concerned with the TS last comment of his Rage being too loud. 12joey - do you gig and you set on getting a tube amp?

Yeah I gig everynow and then but I dont know about in the future, I havent got a band atm.
I was looking at a laney VC30 112 with a boost (bad monkey?)?? I do want a decnent practise amp for home but id like to be able to do gigs.
(When I said that the rage is too loud, i wasnt taking into account that it was 8 o clock at night and my mum jst shouted at me for it lol.)

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Sep 30, 2008,
However, I'm now concerned with the TS last comment of his Rage being too loud. 12joey - do you gig and you set on getting a tube amp?

Yeah I gig everynow and then but I dont know about in the future, I havent got a band atm.
I was looking at a laney VC30 112 with a boost (bad monkey?)?? I do want a decnent practise amp for home but id like to be able to do gigs.
(When I said that the rage is too loud, i wasnt taking into account that it was 8 o clock at night and my mum jst shouted at me for it lol.)

This, or buy an Orange Tiny Terror, with an Orange 212 cab.

Both would be really reasonable rigs for home playing.
if guitar guitar still has any left, they were selling off laney tt50 combos for £479 (they were ex-demo, or something like that). that's a great deal, assuming they're in good condition. might be worth considering if you can get to a guitar guitar to try one to make sure it's in good enough shape (that's why i passed, as i couldn't get to a store without spending more than the amp was worth to get there, lol). EDIT: looking at the website, the combo has gone, but the head version is still there for £429... you'd need a cab though. but would be worth going to a store (preston's in the north of england, right?), just in case they have any of the combos left...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 30, 2008,
How does the tiny terror handle gain?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
It's not a br00talz high gain metal amp (a la 6505+), but it's got plenty on tap.
my od helps out a ton too.

Don't judge me.
What cabs would you reccomend with the tiny terror?
Or should I just get the combo?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Is there any tonal difference between the head and the combo? Which is better in your guys opinion?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
How does the tiny terror handle gain?

you mean for the stuff in your original post? obviously my idea of those genres might be different to yours, but assuming not, i'd look elsewhere to be honest. certainly out of the box, it won't really do those genres, it gets a bit fizzy with the gain pumped up... a boost pedal might help, i haven't tried one with a boost. problem is, buy the TT + a boost and you could probably just get an amp aimed at the tones you want in the first place...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?