Hey guys,

I'm thinking about attempting to build a wireless guitar system for my design project in my electronics course for school. The construction would be mostly from scratch, i.e. building a circuitboard, coding the PICs, and soldering all components. We've been given the basic circuitboard layout for the RF transmitter, but do you guys have any ideas whether this seems like a feasible idea? Does anyone have any resources/guides on this kind of work?
I have been researching into making this my self. It's very doable but I'm not too sure on the quality of the sound. Possibly have to be FM signal but very doable.

GO FOR IT and tell me how it goes. And also send me a schematic?
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
radio stuff requires inductors which scare the crap out of me so I personally would find something else to do

and I'm an EE

and I don't think you really would need any microcontrollers for this
unless you go and decide to make digital and have to add the appropriate ADC/DAC stuff

I've seen a pretty simple schematic (under 2 dozen parts) for an AM guitar radio system though, just plug it in and tune into your playing on any radio
I've also seen kits for FM ones as well. With adjustable bandwidth as well, so you can choose the station. It had good quality with an MP3 player.

Not too sure if the guitars pick-ups would have enough signal too it, you might need a pre-amp. Maybe test this out? My kit died on me. Well, I crushed it :S.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand