first off i am not a jerk who disrrespects otherpeople's opinions...

now my bandmate and good friend claims bands don't need a frontman (he wants to sing and bass)

i ma fine with this but want him to realise the uselfulness of a frontman ie.led zeppelin, the rolling stones

and also because he isn't the best singer and our band needs a lead singer

what are your opinions because i used those two bands to back up my evidence with pendulum added in as well.

he used my favourite band muse gaianst me along with blink 182

he also doesnt think a band needs to communitcate with the audience other than "jump, jump, jump"... and that people go JUST for the music. i love music but if it was just sitting and listening it might get a little dull involvement is a neccessity.

Pit's opinions? rape might not work but im willing to give it a go
frontmen are usful. they can get the crowd worked up and stuff. and jumping just doesnt get them involved, a frontmen does need to talk to the audience.

also, having one is also usful if the singer uses a "prop" onstage, for example, a megaphone. where a guitarist/singer will need to stop playing to use it. personally, i'd see a frontman to be a better option than having a guitarist/main singer.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I don't get it.
He wants to sing and play bass and DOESN'T want to be the frontman?

If I played bass I wouldn't want to draw attention to it either.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
A person can interact with an audience as well as playing an instrument you know. In a few years time you'll realise silly arguments like this mean nothing, and it doesn't matter whether your singer plays an instrument or not, as long as he can sing well.
RULE BRITANNIA
You need a frontman, even if he's more than a lead singer. Otherwise you just walk up there, play and then go home. You need audience interaction and whoever does that, bassist or whatever, is the frontman. Right?

If you're a better singer, you should stay as lead singer. If you're more charismatic, you should stay as frontman.
just point your friend towards videos of Queen playing wembley

if that doesn't show him what a frontman can do, nothing will
Quote by Kensai
If I played bass I wouldn't want to draw attention to it either.

LOL!!!!!

and as far as the frontman thing goes. Rush do without a frontman. but that's because they're AMAZING. as do Muse, they have a guitarist/frontman combo who can do it all... but as mentioned above, just look at queen. if you wanna have that impact, get a lead singer
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I don't get it.
He wants to sing and play bass and DOESN'T want to be the frontman?

he does...but i think it's better if we get someone who can concentrate on singing and audience...he says only need to concentrate on audience if they throwing stuff

"If you're a better singer, you should stay as lead singer. If you're more charismatic, you should stay as frontman"

i'm not the singer or frontman... i play lead/rhythm and i like it that way...we are still in forming stages...writing songs with bass and guitar with lyrics but no drummer or singer

"A person can interact with an audience as well as playing an instrument you know. In a few years time you'll realise silly arguments like this mean nothing, and it doesn't matter whether your singer plays an instrument or not, as long as he can sing well."

i just thinnk when someone isnt the greatest singer they can't do all 3 as well as two people could
You could always kick him off the stage.

That would make the evening far more entertaining.
more general discussion on frontmen rather than on my band please lol, only trime will tell in that area, we'll find a singer and whether thats before or after he has singing lessons.... exactly

lol
Quote by wooftang999
what are your opinions because i used those two bands to back up my evidence with pendulum added in as well.

Poor example, since they went suck with the new vocal leads.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I don't think either of you understand what a front man is.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
So, does this mean that James Hetfield is not a frontman?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
So, does this mean that James Hetfield is not a frontman?

Don't introduce reality to them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by wooftang999
Pit's opinions? rape might not work but im willing to give it a go
not rape, but another r word would be appropriate here.
this is an issue about what to do about your band. it belongs in Musician Talk / Bandleading.
*reported for move or close*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.