I was looking at guitars to get a grungy/metal sound, and I found the Ibanez rg321mh, and I'm very interested. But it says it has jumbo frets, and I have no idea how big they are compared to medium frets. Is it going to be difficult to do chords? I play power chords barring the fifth and octave, and lower on the fretboard, I kinda have to stretch to get it all the way. Will I have to play power chords differently on a jumbo fretboard?
A grungy/metal sound comes more from your amp than from your guitar...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
its not a huge difference. nothing really noticeable. they last longer than medium ones though. also, theyre bad if you like your action really really low but otherwise your fine
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

'jumbo' just means that the fretwire used will be rather thick, it has nothing to do with the size of the actual fret. Don't worry, you' won't have to stretch far.

EDIT:
About chords: You'll have to make sure not to press to hard on the strings, because that will make your chords sound out of tune. It's a common problem with jumbos. But you'll get used to it quickly. A light touch is the key here.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
Will I have to play power chords differently on a jumbo fretboard?

Chord is a chord whether you play it on a fretless or extra jumbo frets, it's the same.