I'm lookin to learn more acoustic but I'm not looking for a lovey dovey Oasis shit. I've recently started listening to more bands like The Tragically Hip, Bob Dylan, The doors, tom petty, etc. Anyone have any suggestions of other chill acoustic tunes to learn?
wish you were here sound bad ass in a 12 string but is just as good on a 6 and is pretty to play also blue on black by kenny wayne shepard is pretty cool one to play its in drop d by the way
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
yeah i've learned wish you were here before, is there any other similar pink floyd songs?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU

Tommy Emmanuel - Angelina

No, it's not that mainstream, but if you can find a more chill song, then... somethingsomethingrather...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
fearless - pink floyd, i think its in open g tuning, but yea thats fun to play
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
a lot of stuff by Doves sounds good on acoustic...try M62 song...also Watch Over You by Alter Bridge
Quote by captivate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU

Tommy Emmanuel - Angelina

No, it's not that mainstream, but if you can find a more chill song, then... somethingsomethingrather...

That was absolutely fantastic.

To the TS, I'd get looking into some Kinks or some similar 60's bands. I had 'Sunny Afternoon' in mind when I read your post.
Chill is not an adjective.

Regardless, Iron & Wine's "Our Endless Numbered Days" is a pretty low-key album; as is Nick Drake's entire catalogue.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
try looking into "anthony green's" solo stuff

ex: she loves me so, baby girl, miracle sun, etc.

his new album, avalon, is amazing
Newton Faulkner - Feels Like Home

John Butler Trio - Ocean.

Feels fantastic to play, and sounds pretty chilled.

EDIT ~ also Veruca Salt - Aurora
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
some of the original 1994-era dave matthews is pretty crazy acoustic stuff. And everyone knows it so people dig that shit. Some Van Halen stuff was in acoustic for some of their shows...
John Butler's Ocean isn't quite chilled if you ask me, or am I just wrong on that...? O.o

Other than that already written, I'd say Under the Bridge by Chili Peppers. Sounds brilliant on acoustic and is quite "chilled", but perhaps you already know that one.
Found something even MORE chill. Once again from the amazing TE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNJf-h7F8s
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Tomorrow Morning - Jack Johnson

Extremely mellow, groovy song
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by Rallymonkey
John Butler's Ocean isn't quite chilled if you ask me, or am I just wrong on that...? O.o

Other than that already written, I'd say Under the Bridge by Chili Peppers. Sounds brilliant on acoustic and is quite "chilled", but perhaps you already know that one.

Well, theres two version's i've heard - unless my source was feeding me a song with the wrong name - which is quite likely now that i think about how much of a ****wit he was.

Either way, ocean was chillout
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...