I was thinking about this today. I love penguins. I think it'd be pretty cool to have one as a pet. I was thinking about South African penguins, mostly because they'd probably be more adaptable to warmer climates.

But, does the Pit think this is possible?
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
i want a penguin

try keeping some alive, see what happens
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
There's a family in Japan that has a penguin for a pet, I'll see if i can find an article.

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN3L621ASI
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Hugh Hefner has penguins.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
That would be sooo awesome!

Anyone else thinking about ctrl+alt+del?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Oh my God! I want either a penguin, or a pet chimp. I would give him a suit and he would be my butler, jenkins.
I like penguins but quite frankly I'd rather have a polar bear. Not only are you helping a creature under the threat of extinction, but they're the ultimate pet. When they're young they're cuddly, cute and fluffy, then once they grow older they're fucking hardcore!
He'd need to sleep in the freezer. I reccomend asking someone at the zoo or something, I can imagine it now:
TS: Can I haz penguinz??
Zoo: Lolwut? *turns into the pear*
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Why the hell not? People keep worse things than penguins. Plus, it would b such a chick magnet...
Quote by Kensai
I'd light pigs on fire and send them at him. That'll show him who's the boss.

Quote by neopowell
If I could give myself head I'd never go out. What makes that even more tragic is I'm not out right now...but I still can't give myself head. It's not fair.
there are a few penguins at a zoo just down the road from me, and they dont live in a special snowdome or anything. as far as i remember they just have a pond and occasionally get some fish thrown to them.
I'd love a pet penguin =D
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
Quote by Grönis
That would be sooo awesome!

Anyone else thinking about ctrl+alt+del?

Yup, that was my first thought, lol.

I'm fairly sure it'd be impractical to have a penguin as a pet though?

Although I recall a video where people have an adopted penguin, who has a backpack which he takes down to the fishmonger.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Here is a quote from a "Penguin FAQ page"

Over the years we have often been asked about the possibility of keeping penguins as pets. We are no experts, but we have talked to several. They all are completely against the idea.
First off, all species of penguin are protected so that you could only (legally) get a penguin from a Zoo that had bred it.

Secondly, you would need a constant and reliable supply of fresh frozen fish as well as appropriate vitamin supplements, you would also need to know a vet who was familiar with penguins and the many diseases they are prone to when kept in captivity.

Thirdly, you would need to be able to feed the birds every day so you couldn't take any more vacations! You can't just put a penguin into kennels!

Fourthly, you would need to build a suitable enclosure to keep the bird - remember different species have very different environmental requirements (temperature, vegetation etc.). For example, there are no species of penguin that could live outside year round in say Chicago with its wide temperature variations. Plus all species of penguins require access to a large, deep and clean pool of water - preferably salt water.

Fifthly, penguins tend to live in large colonies - anything less than say 20 birds would not be sufficient. So you would need a very healthy income. Zoo's here reckon it costs around 400 pounds (700 US$) per year just to keep a penguin in fish!

Finally, why would you want to keep penguins for yourself anyway? They are much better left in the wild or in well looked after breeding colonies in Zoos and Aquaria. Remember that nearly all species are endangered to some extent or another.

We would strongly discourage anyone from trying to keep a penguin as a pet - except the cuddly toy variety!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
i would think they'd be pretty hostile. still a ****ing cool pet if you could care for it
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Yeah sure it's possible, then maybe when you get one you can bring it round here to meet my pet unicorn ....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by nebiru
Here is a quote from a "Penguin FAQ page"

You dream crusher. I hope your penis falls off.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Just work at a zoo. Then you have a pet EVERYTHING!

You are a freakin' genius.
*looks up requirements for zoo worker*
Quote by Bubban
There's a family in Japan that has a penguin for a pet, I'll see if i can find an article.

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN3L621ASI

Japan is the only place crazy enough where you can see a penguin walking down the street with a backpack full of food.