Lately, I've been noticing that my playing is starting to plateau. I practice usually 2-3 hours a day, but I haven't seen any real growth in a while. I usually run through my scales, practice things like sweeping and alternate picking, ect. For a couple months now, I haven't progressed at all, and it worries me because I'm not as good as I'd like to be.
Does anybody out there have any answers?
Have you increased the difficulty or intensity of your practice regiment lately? If not then you should start with that.
Change your routine. Start learning some new songs (maybe a new genre) and start writing your own music.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
that happens every so often, you just need to keep at it, and work through it
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
its cause you're thinking of it as "getting better". that means its work or a chore. start playing for fun and stop worrying about getting "better"
I go through phases. I'll suddenly think one day that I'm a lot better than I seemed to be a month or so ago, then I'll stay the same for a few months, until I have another growth spurt.

Maybe try recording yourself so you can see your mistakes, or how you;re not sounding quite like you'd really like to sound.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
What exactly do you want to get better at? Is it guitar in general, or something specific like speed? If you could be more specific I may be able to help you a little more.
The main thing to bear in mind is that noticeable improvement isn't at all a linear process. Instead, it kind of happens in fits and starts. If you've been playing the same thing for a while, then it may be an idea to mix it up a bit and introduce some new things into your practice routine.
Learn some Funk!!
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Change your routine.

Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Practice something different.

Quote by PenFighter19
Find a new challenge.

Quote by se012101
mix it up a bit and introduce some new things into your practice routine.

With those in mind, look at what you practice:

Quote by IronMaidenRules
I usually run through my scales, practice things like sweeping and alternate picking, ect.

So how about chords? Instead of just picking through endless streams of riffs, how about chugging some chords? (and not the power type)

Learn some chords, apply those to your playing like sweeping a 9th chord or switching back to back with a Bb6 to a D7 chord. Study some Jazz if you're looking for a genre change.

Then, when you learned some chords (that are not just Barre and open chords), come back to technique playing.

Either this or aural training. Or both. Or all three if you got the time.
Practice does no make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect!

Use a metronome to increase speed. The main thing I make sure I do while practicing is play at the limit of my abilities with good technique. The AT sticky has heaps of stuff about techniques and practice, I suggest checking it out
Im not sure about "perfect", but digging music and playing the guitar alot usually yields some pretty good results.
shred is gaudy music