i have shortlisted two guitars...esp f400 and schecter c-1 hellraiser..both the guitars cost the same..but i cant decide wht to take...i play for two bands one plays everything from alt.rock to blues..while the other one is a hardcore metal band with death metal influences...i ahve heard that the schecter c1 hellraiser with emg 89 and 81tw has coil tapping which results in amazing clean tone..but i have heard that there are many reliability issues with schecter guitars...i want a proper clean tone and a heavy distortion...plz tel me which one i should go for and why
Quote by Mullen2105
neither, schecters arerally shitty adn if that esp is an ltd its not worth it

I wouldn't put much stock in this since it's coming from a guy with a MG Halfstack and no concept of spacing words apart or how to spell "and".

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by garex9
i have shortlisted two guitars...esp f400 and schecter c-1 hellraiser..both the guitars cost the same..but i cant decide wht to take...i play for two bands one plays everything from alt.rock to blues..while the other one is a hardcore metal band with death metal influences...i ahve heard that the schecter c1 hellraiser with emg 89 and 81tw has coil tapping which results in amazing clean tone..but i have heard that there are many reliability issues with schecter guitars...i want a proper clean tone and a heavy distortion...plz tel me which one i should go for and why

its called a lifetime warranty, the schecter has it.
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Quote by stratdud39
...this is not true, what so ever.
schecters are not shitty...
and ltds are still good guitars...

+1. Any Schecter above $600, and any ESP/LTD on or above 400 series are REALLY good guitars.

neither, schecters arerally shitty adn if that esp is an ltd its not worth it

I don't want to be rude, but c'amon man, you're using a JS Jackson made in India or somewhere, and banging on well-made guitars. What is not "shitty" for you? Share your ideas with us with examples (wood, material, pick-ups, etc).

To the TS, I'd say Hellraiser fits more to your bands. F400 is good, but kind of strange looking in a blues band
Quote by DaRtH_ErLiK
+1. Any Schecter above $600, and any ESP/LTD on or above 400 series are REALLY good guitars.

I don't want to be rude, but c'amon man, you're using a JS Jackson made in India or somewhere, and banging on well-made guitars. What is not "shitty" for you? Share your ideas with us with examples (wood, material, pick-ups, etc).

To the TS, I'd say Hellraiser fits more to your bands. F400 is good, but kind of strange looking in a blues band

+6661

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
@darth erlik
ya it will look wierd...but i m very much bothered about the sound..looks actually dont matter...people have told me that the f400 is a better to play on while the c-1 can be uncomfortable sometimes..well i tried the schecter c-1 hell raiser and was satisfied with it...but the one i tried was with the 81 and 85 emgs.. i want to know more abt the 81tw and 89's..are they better or the 81 is good enough for the job..i dont have a decent processor also(i own a zoom 707II)..so i have to depend very much on the pickups..both the guitars have almost same specs..only difference i find is the shape and pickups..shapewise i like the esp...so if anyone has tried both the guitars then please let me know ur opinion
both are awesome guitars, but I think the C-1 would work better in the mellow band. the F400 looks stunning, but it isn't exactly...blues
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Well I'd personally say the ltd but the schecter would cater to both of your needs, shape and sound.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
one of my friend suggest me an es500..do u ppl think it can be added as an option...i m just interested in the sound...shape doesnt matter
my advice is go to a store that has both and try them and then decide. I know my bro has the f400 and said he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, he absolutely loves it. That doesn't mean you will. What is right for some might not be right for you and what is right for you might not be right for others.

I am not so sure about the above 400 series. I bought the esp ltd ax-2e and I love it. The quality, feel and sound are great. But again, others might think it's crap.

It's all about what YOU like and being happy with what your purchase. Go try them.
@grawgos
you dont schecter's and 400 series esp's in here...i played the c-1 hellraiser fr which a friend has..but its the older version with 81 and 85...even i like the f400 but i want to know how good does it sounds clean..i dont want much of a muddy sound..emg 85 on neck is pretty good on clean but dont know abt the 81 on neck
Quote by garex9

Reliability issues on Schecters? Since when. My Tempest is one of the most solid guitars I've ever picked up
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
schecter for it's versatility.