Hey guys its been a while (busy summer..now back to school to relax ) so i got a new one comments and such are very welcome and keep in mind its not finished and was just recorded to the crappy mic right on my laptop lol sooo...the final will sound a tad better i hope

thanks for the comments in advance!
c4c

- Soul

Its in my profile!

lyrics (so you can follow along and maybe make it easier to hear for now)

They said that fairy talks never come true but baby im with you
I never thought this could happen
They said that i could never fly up in the sky with all those birds
And babe you gave me wings

When im with you nothing else can get me down
When im with you take away the frown
When im with you i fly up higher than the eagles soar
I know ive said this all before but...babe i love you

I remember ice cream walks and our long talks at night down by the river
Talkin bout forever
Stuck in traffic, holdin hands not giving a damn weather we go..
Weather we go anywhere, Cuz
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
Last edited by Soul_Blazer at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by blistercity
It's really cool. Mellow indeed. Can't hear the vocals too well but even what I heard was very good. I love this kind of music.
C4C? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967863

(p.s. love the msn bleeps :P)

haha yeah i forgot that msn was on :P the noises are turned off now, but like i said..its rough so no biggie lol

thanks for the comment
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
Really like the chord progression you have going, Sounds happy and relaxing! cant really hear the vocals too well, which is a shame, from what I can hear you seem to have a nice voice.

Cant wait to hear it finished!
first off, thank you for criting my improv blues jam (ill c4c to anyone else btw).

the first thing that came to mind when i heard it was that i couldn't hear the vocals almost at all. i couldn't make out any lyrics. this was probobly because you used your laptop and will be fixed when you finalize it so i guess it doesn't really matter. i loved the simplicity of it. many people (like me) seem to over do it. i would love to hear the lyrics so i could crit that but i couldn't hear them even when i turned my speakers up.

overall, i liked it but i would say it is hard to judge with barely being able to hear the lyrics.
ok well thanks for the comments..i put up the lyrics so maybe it will be easier to follow along and hear my voice lol. if you wanna re-crit that would be awesome! thanks
this is really good, nice chord progression, well written lyrics and everything seems to go together quite well.
As you're no doubt aware the recording quality makes it tough to hear the vocals, agree with above posters though if you get it done properly it sounds like it could be a great song. Voice sounds good from the little we can make out.

To make it a bit longer and more interesting I'd consider adding a solo part. I could see it sounding really nice over the rhythm strumming (if you layer it in your recording).

Keep the MSN beeps for ambience? :p

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16497440#post16497440
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I like the chord progression it's pretty cool. You were right it was mellow. I would fall asleep to this lol. Overall not a bad acoustic song. Keep with it!
7/10
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
the chord progression, like others have said, does sound pretty cool. the singing bring sit together nicely (they werent that hard to hear). obviously you're going to do a better recording at some point (as you said that in your post, lol) so i wont comment on the quality.

cool stuff, cheers
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
thanks for the crits guys. I was thinking of putting a short solo in after i get my mic back, madhampster. Im just not entirely sure where it would go..after the second chours maybe?
Not bad. I think it gets a little boring on its own, but obviously this is a demo. I think you could actually get away with just having some percussion on it.

One thing was that it seemed at times like you weren't really getting enough out of your voice. Seems like you weren't projecting. Anyway, the point is I think you'll get a better tone out of your voice if you put a little more into it (not that it's bad at the moment, just a little bland).
very nice i like the progression its pretty mellow. even though the vocals are low they still sound pretty solid but it seems like you may be afriad of your vocals. you need to just let them out you have a pretty good voice.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970386
Last edited by fudger at Oct 4, 2008,