Hey guys,

I've got a solid state amp, a Roland cube x60, and I've heard that certain things don't sound great with solid state, like, active pickups, cause it doesn't have tubes to "overload". Would a boss ML-2 metalcore sound any good on a solid state amp?

Thanks.

P.S.: If this a good pedal or should I get another, if so, please mention.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
what do you play
what guitar do you have
what sound are you going for

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
but if you want a blunt answer, the pedal will work fine with your cube

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I've got a Epi. LP custom, I wanna sound heavy as lead balls and I play arch enemy to megadeth.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
It will work fine. Just use the JC-Clean channel for it. I would also add an EQ to give it an extra kick.
Quote by gagadude
I've got a Epi. LP custom, I wanna sound heavy as lead balls and I play arch enemy to megadeth.

then go for the metalzone, the metalcore is a more high gain grainy nu-metal feel

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by caskettheclown
id get the metal zone, its almost the same thing but it can get some more sounds out of it.

I like your suggestion. Actually to the OP - check out the Keeley modded Boss Metal Zone. It's actually a very good sounding pedal.
So you're cube isn't giving you what you're looking for with one of the Distortion channels cranked and scooped?

I would try out the Metal Zone, but I'd go to a shop and try them out. Thats you're best bet.
If you try the Metal Zone ask the clerk to see the paper work that comes with the pedal. They have a list of settings in them and try the metal setting. It'll give you a good starting point. You can tweek it to what you're looking for. The Metal Core might have one too.