Helloo
I've been thinking about linking my xbox 360 to my router wirelessly, its annoying having the massive lead going round the house and this seems like an easy alternative. I've found the xbox wireless reciever thing but its 60 pound, i was just wondering if a regular wireless reciever would work.
Thanks.
Well that'd be great advice if i was either complaining about my connection being slow or if i couldn't get signal using a wireless reciever, but i want to know if any old wireless reciever will work.
I don't think so, I've tried using my Netgear one that came with the router but it didn't recognise it.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Move your router. Makes the connection a lot faster.

You base this off of what? You really think the extra 10-20 feet of cable matter compared to the miles outside?
Quote by bendystraw
You base this off of what? You really think the extra 10-20 feet of cable matter compared to the miles outside?

Yes it does, jackass.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Yes it does, jackass.

I'm a jackass for disagreeing with you?
Quote by bendystraw

He means it's faster wired as compared to wireless. Which it is. I've been through both and I stuck with wired, it may be a pain in the ass, but so is lagg.
EDIT: Live's down till early tomorrow by the way.
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Sep 29, 2008,
I'd recommend the normal wireless adaptor, the price IS worth it, its worked flawlessly for me since I bought it like 1 1/2 years ago now.

Connection isnt affected that much by wireless tbh, unless you are transmitting through an older house, with more solid walls, or from downstairs to upstairs.
wired router is better.. but if you got a wireless router for your other internet things you can still wire the xbox into it but stick to wired
^

The difference between a wired and wireless 360 has never been significant for me. The 360 in my room is wired to my router, the 360 in my brothers room is using the wireless adapter. We've never experienced any extra lag with the wireless one. Even when were both playing on live at the same time on different games. Yes a wireless connection will be slower... maybe by 0.0000 odd of a millisecond. Anymore than that and it's because of interference.

TS, some wireless adapters will work with your 360 as long as they have they right firmware to comunicate with your 360. Just look around or ask at the 360 forums for the ones that do.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Last edited by Zangetsu 101 at Sep 29, 2008,
Powerline adapters could be what you're after.
They run the connection through the mains in your house, so it would be fast and reliable.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by i am iron man
Helloo
I've been thinking about linking my xbox 360 to my router wirelessly, its annoying having the massive lead going round the house and this seems like an easy alternative. I've found the xbox wireless reciever thing but its 60 pound, i was just wondering if a regular wireless reciever would work.
Thanks.

Yeah it will. I recommend anything by linksys, but its 100$ American and is a "Wireless Game Adapter" Works wonders.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by i am iron man
Thanks very much Zangetsu, will do.

I forgot to mention that Live is down today, as well as xbox.com. Should be up and running early tomorrow.
Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

WHY DO WE NEED WIRLESS THESE DAYS!

Wired works fine, if not better.

Just go buy a long ethernet cable, it'd be cheaper anyway. AND it'd work like 10x better than having shit interfere.
live's down today.... it sucks
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick