This question has been on my mind awhile, and as noobish as it is, if you're playing a chord on the A, D, and G strings, should you mute the top string and play all four instead of strumming inbetween, (for instace xADG) or should you just play the three of them without the top string muted by strumming inbetween (for instace ADG). It's kind of hard to explain..

But I saw on one of the tutorials here that it mentioned something along those lines, and it's one of my bad spots. So, advice? Sorry if I wasn't too clear.
which ever is easier, i usually would mute the E
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
so long as you're muting the low e properly it shouldnt make any sound anyway so doesnt really matter, its alot easier just to mute it though aye i'd play it like xADG.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Alright. Thanks for the help. I'm glad to know I haven't been practicing it wrong then.

Thanks again!
Mute the strings you don't want to use.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm