Hey I've been getting into fingerstyle picking in open tunings and combining harmonics and guitar percussion. Ive been looking around for an acoustic pickup to amplify it just to have fun recording myself before i decide to invest in an acoustic electric guitar. Im mainly looking at the cheap pickups like the seymour duncan one for like 40 bucks. Does this pickup also pick up slaps on the guitar or does it just amplify the guitar strings? Or would you recommend a different pickup? Id rather get a sound hole pickup so then I wont have to do any drilling.
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Last edited by Dandaman4716 at Sep 30, 2008,
What's a Duncan Seymour?
Is it a rip off of Seymour Duncan.?
It might help if you were clear as to what you are talking about - state the particular model etc.
No mind-readers in here.
Quote by Dandaman4716
hah woops I mixed it up. http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Woody-SC-SingleCoil-Soundhole-Pickup?sku=300956 I meant Seymour Duncan...I was on my way out and I was rushed so I must have mixed it up by accident.

No, that works the same as an electric guitar pup.
It won't pick up percussion on guitar. For that you'd need piezo under saddle or attached to soundboard or use small on board mike system.
Do they make Cheap pickups like that? And do they need drilling cause i know the pickups you install inside need drilling and 1) I'd rather not drill through my guitar and 2) im pretty sure my $300 epiphone hummingbird needs a $200 pickup if you know what I mean
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30