This is one of my homework questions i can't figure out...

It's dealing with a wall connection of a cable and its forces and moment.

How do I find the reaction components at A and B?

Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
i take back that face palm but i can't help you
Sig space available, give me some praise
fixed.
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
Dude, engineers are people who are so smart they make Steve Jobs look like a chav. Anyone who claims to be an engineer in the pit is a dirty rotten liar.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Dude, engineers are people who are so smart they make Steve Jobs look like a chav. Anyone who claims to be an engineer in the pit is a dirty rotten liar.

Umm, there are different levels of engineering. I'd say that 90% of the Pit know more about guitars than Jobs does.
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Even if they have a degree?

Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I did something like this in my 1st year. I have finished 3rd year for a few months now, so it's been quite a long time so I don't remember anymore. Something to do with figuring out the angles and then calculating the force that way. You also have to find the component forces first I think (X and Y) before doing anything, and workign with X and Y forces. It shouldn't be too hard if you paid attention in class. Also your textbook should explain a basic scenario like this.

I imagine this is 1st year Statics (mechanical engineering).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by tonedeafidiot

I'm studying engineering right now
The fact that AC is completely horizontal makes this a fairly easy one. 300sin(50) will give you the vertical component of that force. Because there is no vertical component to AC, then the vert. component of BC will be equal to that of the 300 lb force. from that you can find the total tension in BC and then you'll have all the forces acting at C. Simple algebra to get the final force imparted by AC
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
this isn't engineering - it's simple mechanics. Maths thread.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th