Hey guys,

I've got a roland cube x60, but I've been thinking of selling it to buy a Peavy valveking 100w amp head. If I bought the valveking 100w head what would be a good speaker to go with it (I've never had a separate head + speaker before so, try to dumb everything down). Also, is the Peavy Valveking 100w head any good? I'd probably be using a boss metalzone pedal with it so, great dist. isn't a must. I really want a tube amp and I really want a separate amp head and speaker so I can upgrade the speaker without changing heads. If the Peavy does suck, any suggestions?

Stats:
Weapon: Epiphone les paul custom
Armour: DiMarzio X2N bridge pos.
Class: Death metal mage
Shredality: Maximal (+1,000,000)
Life: N/A

Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
i'd suggest saving up a bit more for a Peavey 6505(or used 5150) or a Triple XXX if you want an amp to bring deadly metal to the masses
the valveking is kinda on the cheaper end for a reason, it's still a good amp just not a metal amp
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
i'd suggest saving up a bit more for a Peavey 6505(or used 5150) or a Triple XXX if you want an amp to bring deadly metal to the masses
the valveking is kinda on the cheaper end for a reason, it's still a good amp just not a metal amp

This exactly.
1.) NO.. peavey does NOT suck
2.) If you get the VK, you'll have to do about $200 worth of mods for it to be able to do metal. And also a OD pedal, i wouldn't recommend that Boss pedal.
3.)
Quote by justinb904
this.
O O

___
i use a valveking 212 in metal with no mods i do use it with the distorion boost always pushed in and run an overdrive pedal so my leads can cut though but i love it its a little 212 i can tote from 2 different bands practice and still have all the volume if not more than a lot of dudes half stacks. i my self go for like a cradle of filth meets children of bodom tone and i found this with no problem and as a matter of fact my buddy has a metal zone and i think it kicks ass with the valve king you can set it up as just a great distortion with the effects loop or run it infront of the amp and use it like a booster if you want to get crazy(you will need a noise supresser)

now dont get me wrong those guys are right and if i had all the money in the world id have a 6505, but on a budget you are still geting a tube amp and any tube amp is going to be 100 times better than a soild state for metal i play mine at like 6 with a nice and loud birch drum kit,bass rig ,singer, and a 2nd lead player with a 200 watt randall solid state combo with 2x12 cab and he has to play on like 10 with 2 extra speakers