Just picked up a SD1 and like it so far but Ive heard a few mods can really open it up a lot. Does anyone have any suggestions for mods that will really make it take off?

Now Im not electronically retarded but Im certainly no expert, or even close to maybe amateur. I know how to use a soldering iron, never used a bulb but probably can in order to remove the solder.

So, any suggestions on what mods to do? Just tell me what I need to do and materials needed. Try and keep them relatively simple too, Ive searched google but need a bit more direction.
Search how to do the Keeley mod for it (I assume keeley mods this pedal, he mods every other boss pedal it seems). Read up on replacing the clipping diodes, this is where you can do the most experimenting on overdrive pedals.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok apparently switching to a LED as a clipping diode produces a better sound, any difference between colors? And what in the sound changes exactly?
Pretty sure you want to use the 3mm red ones. They sound crunchier, many people compare the sound to an overdriven marshall, though don't expect a plexi in a box. I'd experiment with germanium diodes as well, give you a very tubelike sound. Also, look up very asymmetrical clipping really opens things up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah I think the SD 1 is supposed to already be asymmetrical ok, Ill look into the germanium and 3mm red diodes.
As soon as i get the money ill be sending Keeley my Sd-1 to do the GE Mod
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!