Page 1 of 3
is anyone else planning on going to this or already booked tickets ???

bands confirmed so far

machine head (headliner)
cathedral
einherjer
I wish I could go to it. Unfortunately I have neither the funds or time.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i booked tickets solely on the fact machine head were playing
and then i found out they were one of the headliners just made it even sweeter
Machine Head is a ****ing awesome live band. I saw them support Metallica, and they gave Metallica a run for their money.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
iv seen em a few times already including supporting tallica at wembly
iv got tickets to see em at 6 dates from the uk tour with slipknot
and there ment to be back over here supporting tallica again next year
I was going to see them support Slipknot, but I couldn't. If they really are supporting Metallica again, I'm going to get tickets as soon as the come out.

But, let's not let this turn into a Machine Head fellation thread.
Quote by duncang

at his command
everybody come here instead!

here is this years lineup: http://www.metalcamp.com/history.php?id=8
iirc it was 110€ for 5 days

if for nothing else the scenery is better
http://selj.madebymonkeys.net/images/metalcamp08/Picture%20094.jpg
http://selj.madebymonkeys.net/images/metalcamp08/Picture%20003.jpg
http://selj.madebymonkeys.net/images/metalcamp08/Picture%20097.jpg
http://selj.madebymonkeys.net/images/metalcamp08/Picture%20079.jpg

if you come early enough you can get a baddass camping spot by the river or in the forest, great for avoiding the heat in july

no idea about what the next lineup is going to be.
I know Behemoth are going to come back (they got hit by a thunderstorm mid set and all their amps blew, they posted on their myspace a while ago that it was the most insane crowd they've played to and promised to come back)
Last edited by seljer at Sep 29, 2008,
Ugh, they deffinitely could have picked a better headliner. Come on guys.
Machinehead as headliners? at such an important metal festival? Geez....

EDIT: to make my post a bit more clear, I'd like to say, Machinehead's a decent band...c'mon, Iron Maiden headlined this year's...they're definetely not up with Iron Maiden in terms of legend status, and to the metal world, Wacken Open Air is a VERY important festival. If Machinehead is the standard they're setting Wacken to this year...I can only imagine what's gonna happen to the rest of the line-up.
Last edited by Eric 666 at Sep 29, 2008,
Off to a horrible start already. Machine Head are pure suckery.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Headlining? Machine Head?

That would imply that the bands that come before them on that day are inferior in terms of quality and/or popularity.

Aw shit.
Lost interest.
^Not neccessarily.
Look at who got announced after As I Lay Dying last year...

Anyway, this has already sold almost 25,000 tickets, considering it's what... a 60,000 capacity event?
I'd hurry.
damn, Machine Head are ok ok....nothing great to headline Wacken. I want to go but Germany a bit too expensive for next year. 2010 looks more likely
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Pfft Machine Head headlining? Why am I not surprised....

'HELL YEAH WACKEN IM ROB FLYNN MOTHERFUCKERS MY MENTAL AGE IS 8'

Balls to this, small underground festivals all the way, no shit bands there.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Rob Flynn is actually one of the best "dudes" in the metal industry at the moment.
Everytime I see him in interviews, he's just a good guy and when they came out here last year, he wasn't arrogant or anything.
Despite them not being considered tr00 by many i think they're really good. They do seem kinda watered down compared to the 'new wave' of Thrash. I guess thats cause they're groove metal though.
er...just cause Machine Head is headlining doesn't mean that the rest of the bands are going to suck. Machine Head are pure brilliance live, anyway, I've seen them twice and they kicked major ass both times.

I'm going to try to make it to Wacken this year but I don't know if I'll be able to. What month is it?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Cathedral are worth seeing, no idea how Einherjer perform live, but I don't like Machine Head at all
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Magero
August?

Yeah I should be able to make that if I can find a cheap way to get to Germany.
Hopefully I can see Eluveitie if they're playing Wacken '09.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Despite general concensus, I find the prospect of seeing Machine Head at Wacken a positive one.

Cathedral are just fucking awesome, no two ways about it. And as far as Einherjer are concerned, if the lead singer acts anything like he does here (look out at 2.32, no matter how many times i see it, i still laugh), then that would be 100% worth seeing.

Still undecided though, might go with Metalcamp instead. I'll have to bide my time.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Not an interesting line up so far.

Besides Cathedral.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last time I saw Machine Head they pissed me off to no end. "Cheers, fuckers, cheers!" and 'London, let me fuckin' HEAR YA!!!" every five damn minutes. I will need better than that to entice me to Wacken this year.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Machinehead? Are you shitting me? Wacken is officially slowly going down the shitter.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
is it just me or is wacken being over run with crappier and crappier bands each year. it looks like a larger ozzfest.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
^It is just you. This year has the best lineup in 5 or so years, and a great lineup in general.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by CTFOD
I wish I could go to it. Unfortunately I have neither the funds or time.

Bloodstock then; it's cheap, and Carcass are headlining.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Bloodstock then; it's cheap, and Carcass are headlining.

I'll drive us there.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Nevermore is worth the trip, so i'm going there for sure.
Got my tix already. First time WOA tho. Are there more bands to be announced? Because i'd love some to see more black / prog
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Quote by Jeroenofzo
Nevermore is worth the trip, so i'm going there for sure.
Got my tix already. First time WOA tho. Are there more bands to be announced? Because i'd love some to see more black / prog

Last year there were at least twice the number of bands on the list now
I wanted to go to Wacken but it sold out before I could afford my ticket.

It's looking like a toss-up between Metalcamp and Summer Breeze for me.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
dammit, i wish i lived in europe, you guys get a lot of festivals. I only get to go to florida death fest, it's still cool though. Got to see Carcass, The Absence, Demiocrious, and Daath play at one place last year. It was awsome.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Page 1 of 3