I am looking to get a good grindcore tone. Something similar to stuff in the link below. What are some good settings? I have searched the internet, and nothing has really came up to help me out.

I play a Gibson Explorer through a B52 At100 using a Boss GE7 and SD1.
Last edited by 82Camaro355 at Sep 29, 2008,
There's no link...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
An acoustic should do you ok.
(First song that came up starts off acoustic)
I'm thinking a low tuning with boosted lows and cut mids. Set highs to taste.
Just a guess but I'm thinking something like a Peavey 5150/6505 with the bass cranked and the mids and highs cut with some high output Dimarzios or something along those lines.
Chug Chug and a lot of low's and a little mids and treble. Then use you're Ge7 as a treble boost for a separate sound or solo/lead sounds. That's how i Roll
"good" and "grindcore tone" shouldnt be used in the same sentence. One thing is that mids are your enemy, and go from there.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
^ Wrong. Unless you want to sound like '...And Justice For All' don't scoop your mids. It sounds like ass. Even for metal and heavy punk.

Remove the SD-1 from your signal path, you won't need it.

On your amp, set the bass and mids around noon, the treble somewhat higher. Put the EQ pedal in front of the amp, boost the hell out of your mids on it. Tweak to taste.

PS: For future reference, boring deathcore/metalcore =/= grindcore. Compare that to Benumb or Pig Destroyer and you'll see the difference.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2