Would it be possible to use a mesa 20/20 poweramp for running a cd player? Im looking for great tube sound but also was looking for a poweramp for my guitar rig. Could you also use a guitar poweramp for bass guitar?
I'd think it would cut off some of the higher and lower frequencies, though I don't know the limits of a power amp. For bass, it would probably be alright as long as you didn't run it through guitar speakers. Bass -> guitar speakers = destruction.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd think it would cut off some of the higher and lower frequencies, though I don't know the limits of a power amp. For bass, it would probably be alright as long as you didn't run it through guitar speakers. Bass -> guitar speakers = destruction.

why
Dont think a bass will mess up the amp section but it will mess up a speaker pretty quick. And dont know how well a tube guitar amp will do for running a CDplayer. Never really seen a tube amp with CD inputs like many SS have. They did make tube hifi stuff but it was made so not to color the sound at all like a guitar or bass amp will.
it should be fine as long as its not rediculously loud
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt