alright, well Im looking for a gigging amp, or at least something loud enough to be heard well over an acoustic drumset. My budget is around $400
Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking about getting a Fender FM212R

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FM212R

This thing would probably suit my needs better than my Rage 158 (Peavey)
that little bastard is too quiet for me!

I play classic rock as well as a lot of Metallica, but I have a pedal for distortion and whatnot, so it doesnt have to have good distortion
Last edited by Wobby McShwob at Sep 30, 2008,
For an all-rounder, Laney VC30 or Peavey Valveking, either will be more than loud enough to be heard over a drumkit
if you're gigging you can always mic the amp up so no matter how loud it is it can be heard
ohai little sig.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I've got a Fender Frontman 65R, and I can't say that I can recommend it. Nothing really stands out about it.

One consideration you need to take into account is if you want a tube amp or a solid state.

What types of music do you play?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Fender Pro junior
15W of power
10" speaker
All-tube circuitry
Volume and Tone control
$379.99

believe me, 15 watts tube is plenty loud. my buddy's 5 watt can be heard over drums and bass when cranked. if you want to spend a little more:
Fender Blues Junior
All Tube
15 watts
1-12" Fender Special Design 8 ohm, 50 watt Speaker
Reverb, Master, Middle, Bass, Treble, "Fat" Switch, Volume
$479.99
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Demonikk
For an all-rounder, Laney VC30 or Peavey Valveking, either will be more than loud enough to be heard over a drumkit
if you're gigging you can always mic the amp up so no matter how loud it is it can be heard

+1