I am getting a new bass and will finally get myself a Warwick. I play funk, jazz and a bit of rock and need a bass which is versatile with a great tune. I don't play 5 string keep in mind. It has come down to the Corvette Double Buck ($$) or Corvette FNA Jazzman?

Any opinion would be much appreciated...
*The BASSics* Of the Australia FTW! Club.
I say the Corvette standard is better that either of those. The Jazzman is a very nice bass, but it just doesn't sound like a Warwick. It sounds like a Fender with a bridge humbucker.

The $$ is great if you like the tone of humbuckers. I find they "pollute" the natural tone of the bass with their irremovable tone. The single coils of the standard compliment the bass far better in my opinion.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i have played a double buck and i love it. i dont remember if i plugged it in but you know when your getting a warwick your going to get a MASSIVE growl. so if i was in your shoes id get the double buck.
I'd either stick with a Standard or get the Jazzman.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I own both a standard (active) and a $$ and I play mainly funk and jazz. Although I have been considering picking up a Jazzman as well. Personally, I don't really believe that you can buy a bad Warwick (especially when it comes to Corvettes). I would just suggest that you try both out (if at all possible) to see which one you are more comfortable playing.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
The FNA Jazzman is an expensive piece - if you can get both of them at the same price, the FNA Jazzman is a better deal. That said, they're both different sounding instruments.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..