I'm still agonising over what new pickups to put in my guitar, but I'm a big fan of the Jazzmaster sound so I wanted to know if it would be possible to put Jazzmaster pickups in a slot designed for a humbucker?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I would think as long as you mounted it correctly you wouldn't have an issue, save for it looking kind of funky...

Do you have 2 humbucker slots? If you do, I'd get the Hotrodded Humbucker set from Seymour Duncan. SH-2 Jazz in the neck, SH-4 JB in the bridge. I can get a MASSIVE amount of sound, and a MASSIVE amount of variation from them in my guitar.

If not, just get a JB! That thing is one of the most versatile pickups that I've ever played.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
I just want to get mostly an alternative rock sound (think J Mascis) which is why I liked the Jazzmaster pickups.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Okay I know next to nothing about the mechanics of pickups, what are 1M pots? Hell, what are pots in general?
Quote by Cathbard
So I should change the volume and tone controls before looking at new pickups?
Quote by Cathbard
pots are those thingys that are below the knobs, they are the important part of a "knob", you know, where the cable connects. he says to change it so the signal ends up being different cause of the size of the pot

am i right??
Okay, so even if I change the pots I'll still probably want some new pickups unless they can change the fact that the stock Schecter pickups break up real early. And it's not just my amp; I tried it with a Fender Blues Jr in a shop and past 4 on the tone knob they broke up.
Quote by Cathbard
I guess I could try lowering the pickup heights. I do generally pick softer when I want cleans and harder when I want a crunch or distortion though.
Quote by Cathbard