Poll: Do You Practice Strapless?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Practice Strapless?
Yes
29 33%
No
31 35%
Depends on position/Sometimes
28 32%
Voters: 88.
I was wondering: when you are just sitting around practicing, do you use the strap, or just balance it on your leg? I always used the strap, but I tried taking it off today and I felt like I was unbridling a unicorn; it was sweet! It depends on what position I'm sitting in, but anyway, how many people go strapless??
Notorious S.I.G.
I Prefer with a strap cuse i know i wont smash it somewhere when im sitting or it falling off because you know just a extra precaution
i keep my strap ON the guitar, but not on me. Only when i stand up...
O O

___
Quote by xenophon979
I always used the strap, but I tried taking it off today and I felt like I was unbridling a unicorn; it was sweet!

Almost sig-worthy.

Almost.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Strapped. First, I'm not taking any chances with an $1800 guitar.

Second, I'm of the opinion that your playing position should be the same sitting or standing. I wear my guitar higher than most comfortable sitting positions. Why? Well, think on this one. Satch wrote Crushing Day sitting down, with the guitar much higher than he wears it standing. He didn't really play the song much for while, because he had trouble doing it standing up.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by edusty2010
I always practice with a strap on, because occasionally I just randomly get up and walk around my room while soloing

what if your mom walks in?

sorry, yeah umm i stand so not using a strap would hurt my feet, cause guitar's are heavy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I usually practice naked and use a certain part of my body to hold the guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
my bras have straps, thank you. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by edusty2010
I always practice with a strap on

Sig worthy.

Also: it depends. For Jazz, yeah, because it makes hitting chords easier.
i used to practice with a strap on until someone sigged me...

EDIT: i just noticed that one of the options in the poll is "depends on position"...

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When I am practicing I usually just sit down and play without the strap.

I only use the strap practicing if I have to turn my BOSS Me-20 Wah on while playing a song. You have to press your foot upward pretty hard, and its easier to turn it on and off while standing up.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
it's a pretty bad idea to practice without the strap... you might drop your guitar, and it puts more strain on your left hand (or right if you're lefty) because you have to hold the guitar at the same time.
It's all about feel
My strap broke on sunday...I'm lost without it...need to stop being lazy and go buy one, but I'm broke. I usually practice with it on, cuz I randomly walk around and between rooms and stuff lol
I usually practice sitting down without the strap, but if I'm standing I just can't hold on to it.
I usually play standing up. I feel more comfortable standing. When I was younger my band always practiced standing so when we did a gig we would be used to playing the songs standing up. I just can't get comfortable playing sitting down anymore. So to answer the question I use my strap.
Quote by hopespaul
it's a pretty bad idea to practice without the strap... you might drop your guitar, and it puts more strain on your left hand (or right if you're lefty) because you have to hold the guitar at the same time.

... You do know we're talking about when sitting.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.