Does the new 2008 model come with black or chrome hardware? I see chrome on their website but almost every picture I see elsewhere has the guitar with black hardware. Any info on this?
I think it's black chrome.
Looks like a shiny gun metal grey at the right angle.
Quote by lvalencia1
why not get your own custom model instead of someone elses ???

Do you know how much a custom guitar costs?

You don't seem to know, so stfu please.
ಠ_ಠ
Not everyone has a money tree in their backyard

>.>

<.<

At least I dont
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

^ Wow, thats exactly my point
Quote by Le_Bunny

I was actually going to get an RR24 in white but my local shop can't get any in until January. So I'm looking for an alternative, and the Alexi-600 is pretty similar, spec wise.
ESP's website says that its black nickel.

It looks like chrome, only not as shiny
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
I was actually going to get an RR24 in white but my local shop can't get any in until January. So I'm looking for an alternative, and the Alexi-600 is pretty similar, spec wise.

i'd wait for the RR24. It's a better guitar IMO, and it's not a signature model.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by lvalencia1
aahhh.. i take it you dont have a job .. ?

No and when I do get a job I'll have to pay for my car and all that shit. Just because your rich as **** and you must get all the gear you want, doesn't mean everyone else is too.
Quote by Le_Bunny

woah i am not rich man i work my ass off to get all my gear
now that u mentioned a car...my amp was more expensive than my car LOL
Quote by DashBlaster
I think it's black nickel, if I remember correctly.

Maybe look into this guitar as well.

Hahaha, smartass. :P
Quote by lvalencia1
umm...custom Ran guitars are about $1000-15000 average..not very expensive i'd say

Doubt it, since they're European it should cost a bit more than that.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ran is fairly cheap as far as customs go.

Shipping will be expensive, though.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by lvalencia1
umm...custom Ran guitars are about $1000-15000 average..not very expensive i'd say

I'm assuming you mean $1,500 rather than $15,000. Extra zero does make a difference. And I'm assuming we're talking USD here, but RAN are usually more in the $3,000-$5,000 department. And why would someone who only plays for their own enjoyment really want to pay that much for a guitar, and not very many people can just throw around that kind of money.

TC, it's black chrome. Also, the sig models once again come with EMG passives, as Alexi has signed with EMG again and dropped SD. (Rumor is he's getting a signature pup).
how much the 600 cost?
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Quote by lvalencia1

Show me a Ran for $1000 please.

Now stfu. Thanks.

EDIT- I put in 3 different quotes for Ran last year, before they raised there prices, and the cheapest was $4100usd, and the specs were pretty simple. Now that the wait time and price have gone up, and the quality seams to have gone down, I'd rather spend my money with a different company.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by lvalencia1

Haha. That's if you get their stock models. Ask Justice4AllOne how much the guitar from his quote was.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER!
i'd wait for the RR24. It's a better guitar IMO, and it's not a signature model.

RR = Randy Rhoads
*facepalm*

But I agree, i believe it would be a better guitar overall.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
RR = Randy Rhoads
*facepalm*

This is a general misconception. Jackson made the RRs from Randy's Concorde design. So you can't really say the RRs are his sig, they were just named after him. And if you look at it technically, the Concorde was his sig, not the RRs. But to each his own opinion I guess.

And TS, the RR24 would be a better choice. Unless you can get your hands on Jackson Stars.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by howey
RR = Randy Rhoads
*facepalm*

so then the les paul's a sig guitar?

every fender is a sig guitar?

hell even every jackson is a sig guitar.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by howey
RR = Randy Rhoads
*facepalm*

Oh the ignorance
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by caraluzzo
Show me a Ran for $1000 please.

Now stfu. Thanks.

EDIT- I put in 3 different quotes for Ran last year, before they raised there prices, and the cheapest was $4100usd, and the specs were pretty simple. Now that the wait time and price have gone up, and the quality seams to have gone down, I'd rather spend my money with a different company.

i dunno what you're talkin abt coz i asked for a quote like 5 months ago and the specs were all pretty high up and i got a quote of somewhere in the region of 1800 to 1900 euros...
Quote by DespisedIcon
Do you know how much a custom guitar costs?

You don't seem to know, so stfu please.

Customize a RAN guitar,u get a personal instrument with the same money u pay for a alexi signature,that does not value that money at all.
Quote by AsShadowsRemain

The new ones come with maple fret boards.... That makes me happy because I've been looking for a RR with maple fret board, because I love how maple fret board sound...

Any ways I don't know and I would think so...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by jayeshrc
i dunno what you're talkin abt coz i asked for a quote like 5 months ago and the specs were all pretty high up and i got a quote of somewhere in the region of 1800 to 1900 euros...

Ok, two things. 1) Rans prices have gone up. 2) in USD that's about $2,700 to $3,000.

Customize a RAN guitar,u get a personal instrument with the same money u pay for a alexi signature,that does not value that money at all.

I'm pretty sure the Alexi is what $1,200? A RAN guitar may be $2,700? God, some people don't have the ability to throw that much money into an instrument people, let alone the need or the fact that they know exactly what they want.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Oct 2, 2008,
They are black, the flash makes it look chrome on every guitar they have on that website.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by edusty2010
I'm assuming you mean $1,500 rather than $15,000. Extra zero does make a difference. And I'm assuming we're talking USD here, but RAN are usually more in the $3,000-$5,000 department. And why would someone who only plays for their own enjoyment really want to pay that much for a guitar, and not very many people can just throw around that kind of money.

TC, it's black chrome. Also, the sig models once again come with EMG passives, as Alexi has signed with EMG again and dropped SD. (Rumor is he's getting a signature pup).

omg for ****s sake your just like the other 40 billion ignorant, arogant american ****s on this website.

HE MADE A SIMPLE MISTAKE WITH THE EXTRA ZERO, STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH WITH YOUR ****ING "extra zero does make a difference" THEN CONTINUE WITH A LOAD OF BULLSHIT, PORTRAYING YOURSELF AS IF YOUR THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO KNOWS A SINGLE ****ING THING ABOUT GUITARS.

SHUT THE ****ING **** UP YOU STUPID PRICK!
Quote by bringmethedeath
omg for ****s sake your just like the other 40 billion ignorant, arogant american ****s on this website.

HE MADE A SIMPLE MISTAKE WITH THE EXTRA ZERO, STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH WITH YOUR ****ING "extra zero does make a difference" THEN CONTINUE WITH A LOAD OF BULLSHIT, PORTRAYING YOURSELF AS IF YOUR THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO KNOWS A SINGLE ****ING THING ABOUT GUITARS.

SHUT THE ****ING **** UP YOU STUPID PRICK!

Dude, calm down, I was making a joke. And what exactly in my post was this "bullshit" (which is actually fact) that you speak of? When did I portray myself as "the only person in the world who knows a single ____ing thing about guitars"? I was making my point, as I've sent in multiple custom orders to RAN guitars and not a single one has come back less that $2,900 USD, which, seeing as the TC is looking at a guitar that cost's about $1,200 USD, is more than he want's to spend.

If you disagree with me fine, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't incredible rude about it, the "extra zero makes a difference" was meant to be funny, but that doesn't go through text very well. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there's no need to cuss at me or call me names.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Sep 30, 2008,
anyone know what the pick ups are? Are they still the emg hz h4 p.u. or did they switch to seymour duncan blackout?
Equipment
Viper 400(red)
RZK-600
Schecter Hellraiser V1 Fr
Kustom double barrel amp