Hey. So, I'm getting my mesa triple rectifier very soon, and I have a few questions:

1. I use a POD X3 Live. Can I run a cable from my guitar to a splitter and to the pod instead of always running through the POd all the time?

2.I love the mesa sound and I don't really want to alter it,but I need the following :
Flanger
Phaser
Wah
Octave-
echo
noise gate
compressor
reverb
volume pedal
rotary effect
and maybe a few i am forgetting,

so should I keep the pod and remove all the distortions, or sell it and buy all those pedals?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Sell the pod and get single pedals. You won't be needing amp models with a Boogie.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
holy crap kid thats alot of effects. Im good with Distortion, wah, reverb, and delay. maybe a noise gate.
A.K.A. Titanguy
Eh, I think that if you put the POD in the effects loop and remove all amp models and distortion, you should be fine. Try it first before you sell it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Those effects are fine as long as you're not using them all at once and they all have true-bypass. Also, the Tri-rec's distortion is perfectly fine as is if you know how to use an EQ properly.
dont get the Mesa, you will be hooked for life. You will never be able to play with another amp again

On serious note, i would get individual pedals because a pedal with many sounds kills the sound of the amp.
Liars, liars all. There are far better amps than Mesas.

Don't judge me.
Quote by FRDesign
Mesas are soo sick. Once you go Mesa, you cant go back to playing anything else.

Unless it's a Splawn
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by theoreticmusic
Liars, liars all. There are far better amps than Mesas.

Once you get in that price range, it isn't really about what is 'better' or 'worse.' It's about what sound you prefer.
Quote by xVSxNightmare
Once you get in that price range, it isn't really about what is 'better' or 'worse.' It's about what sound you prefer.

Okay, I concede that point. In any case, it's not fair for him to say that there's nothing better than a Mesa.

Don't judge me.
if you have the money, get a rack system

gmajor, gsharp, lexicon, anything like that. go rack and you wont turn back =]
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by theoreticmusic
Okay, I concede that point. In any case, it's not fair for him to say that there's nothing better than a Mesa.

I agree with this guy. In fact I'm kinda on the Mesa's being overpriced/overrated boat.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by ilovemySG

+1 imo
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by ilovemySG

+1
Quote by xVSxNightmare

First off, thank you for this. I have tried a million amps before deciding on the mesa. Its perfect for me.
Second, I think I may just keep the POD and use it with my little practice amp, and save up and get a good wah, reverb, and echo( maybe noise gate), because I realize that I really don't use all those effects that much.
so I'm going to work my way up to
- Boss RE-20
- Crybaby from Hell
- Boss Noise Gate
- Big Muff(maybe)
- Tuner
- EvH phaser
what is the best reverb pedal? I really dont have much experience with them. Also, how different are russian and US big muffs?
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Russian Muff is harsher and sharper than the US muff.
And I think EHX Holy Grail ftw in the reverb section.

Don't judge me.
Quote by FRDesign
Mesas are soo sick. Once you go Mesa, you cant go back to playing anything else.

really? cause i still perfer my hughes and kettner whenever i get to bring it over to the studio where my mesa is been kept now
I disagree with Mesa being the best amp or whatever. Really, it's all preferance. In my opinion, the Single, Dual and Triple Recs seam to be a bit to muddy for my taste. The only Mesa I actually come to like is the Roadster. IMO the Roadster slays any Mesa that's still in production.
Like I've said in the past, Mesas are great amps but they definitely are not the be all and end all guitar amp.

As for the original question, I say get single effects because they are generally better quality than the effect that are found in a multi-effects processor... not to mention that you also have more control over shaping the effect if you go with single pedals.
look at it this way
give or take...
- Boss RE-20-250
- Boss Noise Gate- 80
- Big Muff(maybe)-76
- Tuner-80
- EvH phaser- 130
gives your a rough total of 616 dollars.
read this..
"The affordable TC Electronic Multi-Effects Processor for the accomplished guitarist that runs no less than seven different high quality effects and a tuner simultaneously. G•MAJOR features: Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flange, Pitch, Filter, Modulation, Compressor and Noise Gate. In total more than 25 algorithms"

thats 400. you have 200 left over to get a 6 space rack to hold it, and other stuff, or get a midi controller to run it all.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
/\

but you have to make patches and have set sounds for a midi setup. with individual pedals you can constantly change settings and not be restricted to what you have set up in a midi setup.

I still say go the individual pedal route. and for the reverb question, EHX Holy Grail...I tried one of those yesterday, and not only was it great for clean stuff, but it was also really ideal for adding dimension to leadlines and whatnot.
I'm really feeling the individual pedal option. I bought my pod 2 months ago, so I'm gonna keep it for practicing cause I can run It through headphones without an amp. Try explaining amp character and how a modeler changes it to non musician parents, lol. You can get
RE-20 on ebay for 150, Noise suppressor for 50, big muff for 70, and phaser for 80. I really don't care if they're brand new, plus I've got a birthday coming up. I've already made up plans for a all inclusive pedal board that will house the mesa foot switch, hide all the power cables and stuff. The total for all the pedals by the average cost of each on ebay is $680, and its my 16th birthday, so I'm getting money from lots of people, asking each for 20 toward my pedal fund!
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino