Hi, im gonna have my guitar signed by opeth on friday and want to keep the autograph form fading right off the bat. So I was wondering what people think I should do?
Special Pens?
A specific clearcoat?
A Clear sticker?
anyway my guitar is a LTD MH-1000nt if that helps.
get some clear lacquer and just spread it over the area where you get it signed, and it should look the same. it'll probably take a day to dry.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
^Not so fast...

If you wanna do it right:
1- First, get a SHARP hobby knife and scrape the paint all around the sig.
2- Then, get some shellac and a cotton swab and ROLL the shellac over the sig. Do it VERY LIGHTLY on the first coat, then do a couple more coats.
3- Then scuff sand the rest of the body.
4- Apply lacquer as directed.

If you wanna do it quick:
Make sure the lacquer won't lift the ink, then tape off every part except the area around the sig and shoot a few coats of clear on it.
Im not very skilled with finishing and I would not want to risk scraping off the finish it soooo beautiful
i got megadeth's sigs and tested the ink with the clearcoat it dissolved the ink. luckily i tried it on a diff part of the body with my sig...

well get them to sign on parts you're less likely to keep touching... like behind the bridge and vol/tone knob(s)... or behind the headstock... but only one would fit there if you have any space there...
Last edited by jayeshrc at Sep 30, 2008,
Why don't you do what normal people do and get them to sign a record or CD?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
^Because when a musician signs something, part of their soul and therefore skills is released into whatever they signed. Having them sign an album is just a waste, since pllaying a guitar they signed will make you play like them.

Kinda like how the cannible tribes eat the hearts of their enemies to gain their strengths.

Duh, man.
^Because when a musician signs something, part of their soul and therefore skills is released into whatever they signed. Having them sign an album is just a waste, since pllaying a guitar they signed will make you play like them.

Kinda like how the cannible tribes eat the hearts of their enemies to gain their strengths.

Duh, man.
'

I just took a shit in my pants
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by Invader Jim

Duh, man.

I that everyone knew this, thats why I didn't bother stating it.
^Yeah, I mean, once one of my dad's firends held a séance to contact Jimi's spirit so he could sign his guitar to get his awesome skills of creativity.

You may know him as "David Gilmour"
Haha, thanks.

You seriously ARE the GB&C's most sigged.

If there was a UG award for 'Most Sigged' you'd kick the shit out of everyone, man.

edit:
Quote by Øttər
Your sig of what I said has never applied more....

What an epic sig that would make...
Last edited by Invader Jim at Oct 1, 2008,