(if any of you remember that old thread i made a few days ago, completely disregard everything i said)

i have this female friend who cuts herself. im trying to be as supportive as i can to help her stop and everything, but she cant get to a professional due to money/transportation/not willing etc. so me and my other friend are like the best help she can get, cuz her parents are a little out of it. they're good people, not drugged up or anything, but they're just very apathetic.

anyway, as i said she cuts herself but according to her she cuts herself as a way to cope AND because she enjoys. she is a self-proclaimed sadomasochist, loves the feeling of pain not only because she feels it is punishment for some made-up wrongs she has committed but also because she thinks it feels good. she really needs our support.

so how do i tell her to stop? im trying to get her started playing guitar or writing songs as a hobby to take her mind off of selfharm, and getting her to throw out all her razors, and instill some self-confidence, but how do i control the sadomasochist part? can i even?

any help is appreciated
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Help her find Jesus and date her if shes hot............ thats what I would do :P
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
lol cause she'll die if he doesn't do something?
"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
Cut off her arms, she won't be cutting herself an time soon.

Or you know, get her help... or do that thing where everyone who knows her gets together and tell her how messed up she is, and that they are gonna help her.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Cut off her arms, she won't be cutting herself an time soon.

not as many limbs in the way when you rape her
Sig.

After "bio class" did you and your classmates organize a "Celebrity Skateboard Tournament" to save your beloved "Rec Center" where "Coach Anderson" taught you how to become men?
I don't remember the other thread. Goodluck though

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Get her a Russian dominatrix. Trust me, they can kill a man's sadomasochistic tendencies. They would be able to kill, and fape those of a girl.
If that fails, I'll date her.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Is this female friend by anychance you?

Or even better, is it your mum? 'Cause I'd gladly take her off your hands in her current condition.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

You can't really do anything about it, apart from maybe trying to find something else she enjoys and tell her to do that.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Take her to a church. That'll cleanse her. Though there was a Metalcore kid he I knew...............church might not work, just give it a try (lol jk it'll work).
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by lzcougarz3
Stick it in her pooper.

I feel so ashamed that I laughed until I cried at that

Put her on Oprah. That's usually what normal people do isn't it?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I feel so ashamed that I laughed until I cried at that

Put her on Oprah. That's usually what normal people do isn't it?

Have you ever seen Oprah?

Were you trying to fail on purpose?
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666

Have you ever seen Oprah?

Were you trying to fail on purpose?

I was joking, of course but honestly, whenever I go back home and my mom has Oprah on it's wah wah I cut myself or wah wah my son punched me in the uterus or wah wah my wife beats me up.

Honestly.

Quote by The_Raven
If you are meaning a Christain church, that wasn't even funny. Anything different, that pathetic excuse for a religion despises.

Buddhism might clear her up. I do believe, for some, a new healthy religion can "fix" people up and buddhism is always good. Maybe something nature-y, try Neo-Paganism maybe even Wicca. Or Discordianism

Spark up her life somehow, give her more reasons to enjoy life as it is. The cutting of ones self phase will pass, she just needs to be hauled through it first...it is darkest before the dawn.

Introduce her to meditation. That ALWAYS helps people.

I really hope that post wasn't serious...
First of all, you call Christianity a pathetic excuse for a religion then you want her to take up Neo-paganism? O_o

=/ Drinking from the well of Mimir might help though, so yeah I guess you're right.

edit:
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Oct 1, 2008,
dont preach to her about it. dont be like. aww seriously stopppp. ur gonna kill urself. its not healthy.

becuse that will just piss her of more.

just be like..

listen i know whatever anyone else says or what i say. isnt going to change your mind. but i just really care about you and i want you to be careful.

but yeah. good idea trying to get her into guitar. just try to get her into a bunch of hobbies
oh woe you, scooby dooo
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Cut yourself, that way she'll think your being a complete emo and stop!

See, this is why looking for advice in the pit, is meaningless...
I'm the guy that can't think...

I act...

Quote by goest
Kizu wins...

Quote by ryand111
Kizu-Eien is the equivalent of mother nature in the internet