Ibanez like neck I was looking at some guitars because eventually ill need to upgrade from my epi custom and I love the necks on ibanez's however I dont play metal I play blues and rock and I was wondering if some of the hollow body Ibanez's necks feel just as good as the other ones they make? Is there any other guitar that you can think of that has a great neck like that and great action like Ibanez's?
Also I played a my first MIA strat the other day at guitar center and the neck felt like shit. Is this typical ? what fenders have the best necks?
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
The ones in the Electric Guitar Forum.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Even some solid body Ibanez guitars work well with blues/rock. What's your budget?
Quote by pwrmax
Even some solid body Ibanez guitars work well with blues/rock. What's your budget?

no budget im just kinda planning for the future what about the ibanez JTK4?
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Dude, in all seriousness, there are different forums for a reason. Don't wanna be a jerk, it just makes life easier. And people with knowledge in specific fields tend to hang out in the corresponding forum.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Dude, in all seriousness, there are different forums for a reason. Don't wanna be a jerk, it just makes life easier. And people with knowledge in specific fields tend to hang out in the corresponding forum.

sorry....
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by theoreticmusic

its not a big deal, quit spamming up his thread.

Anyways, Ibanez can be used for jazz believe it or not, with the right amp. But the hollowbodys are nice and have a comfortable neck. Also look at some epiphones, possibly gibsons if you wanna spend the money. Since you're not really budgeting or getting one right away, I'd say go to the store, try everything there on a good amp. and that'll do the job.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
If you're willing to save up the money, I'd get a Gibson that YOU'VE tried out specifically YOURSELF. Not order from across the border or some crap like that.

SG's have nice necks, alot of the blues/rock heros like Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young (less blues, more rock ) and Tony Iommi used them. From experiance, I don't like how it feels strapped around me... but thats probably used to heavier guitars such as a Les Paul or Explorer.

Back on topic, Fender would probably be your best bet. Earlier Strats would probably be better neck-wise, or maybe a nice Telecaster would be sweet. I don't know, but TRY your guitar before you buy.
*moved to EG*

i really dont like the necks on most of the ibanez guitars ive played. they are so think i feel like i can snap it in half if i really tried. the artcore necks are completly different though, so dont look to those if you want an ibanez style neck. however, the ibanez s-series stuff looks to be a bit more rounded and less metal looking if thats what you want. maybe try out some michael kelly guitars as well, they have nice necks and some are more suited towards that blues/rock style. some are on backorder due to a recent factory move though.
Quote by jof1029
*moved to EG*

i really dont like the necks on most of the ibanez guitars ive played. they are so think i feel like i can snap it in half if i really tried. the artcore necks are completly different though, so dont look to those if you want an ibanez style neck. however, the ibanez s-series stuff looks to be a bit more rounded and less metal looking if thats what you want. maybe try out some michael kelly guitars as well, they have nice necks and some are more suited towards that blues/rock style. some are on backorder due to a recent factory move though.

thanks for moving it for me man i appreciate it
alright ill look at those micheal kelly guitars and the s series as well
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British