Page 1 of 2
The $700 billion bailout plan failed. Stocks plummetted, and the US economy lost over a trillion dollars. DOW is a mess. They have never done this bad.

Thoughts?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Please visit the World Economic Crisis thread. It is being discussed at length there.
I think it's funny how everyone thought the plan was stupid, and now that it didn't pass everyone is turning around and getting pissed. I REALLY hope they rewrite this one and just call it something other than "Bailout" and then pass it. Quick.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
republicans wanted tax payers to bail out corporations and bullshit business that dug their own graves.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Well, I just bought an automatic rifle enough food to get through the next ten years and a time sealed cellar. I'll see you guys in 20 years.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Ah well, I've got enough money in the bank to sort me out through the depression.

Oh wait, my bank just folded.

Anyone spare some change?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
pray your parents don't owe anything on their house because you are about to be homeless...

I am renting atm so i guess i don't have that much to worry about, unless i lose my job.
We're fucked. Who should we start a war with to bring the economy back?
I say Canada.
*looks at address*
... Sh it.
What they should do is isntead of giving that money to wall street, put it towards some sort of worker insurance or some extra money for the average middle class citizen
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by British_Steal
What they should do is isntead of giving that money to wall street, put it towards some sort of worker insurance or some extra money for the average middle class citizen

They need to come up with some kind of plan to keep people from losing their homes and not paying off people in other countries bad loans. Really that is the only point. Who gives a crap about anything but making sure people who have been making their payments on their house and not done stupid stuff don't have to pay for AIG's mistake.
I really feel like buying a small amount of AIG right now.

If they go down it is only a small loss on my part and if they manage to bounce back I still make a lot of money. Like twenty dollars to seven hundred.
Quote by kennyvspenny
republicans wanted tax payers to bail out corporations and bullshit business that dug their own graves.

You don't know shit. The idiots who were buying 1 million dollar houses when they couldn't pay for a 100k house are just as much at fault. The corporate greed was/is rampant but for god's sake, there are more people at fault than that. Hopefully this depression will teach some of these ****s that greed is a bad thing and it will put some responsibility back on the table.
Quote by kennyvspenny

A ~2:1 ratio of the republicans in the house voted against the bill. Get your facts straight.
Last edited by ih8u2 at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Yay for living in Canada!

are things really that good up there?

like nothing thats goin on in America right now?
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Quote by tayroar
Well, I just bought an automatic rifle enough food to get through the next ten years and a time sealed cellar. I'll see you guys in 20 years.

I think you're gonna get hungry.

You might not see us ever again with those calculations I am afraid.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by tayroar

good luck starving.

nice one jericho...
Quote by Lopez72
are things really that good up there?

like nothing thats goin on in America right now?

http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/index.html

Definitely not as bad, but they are being affected pretty deeply (along with the rest of the world).
Quote by guitar/bass76
good luck starving.

nice one jericho...

Lol I only beat you to it by a second.

Smart minds think the same.

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by metal4ever6328
We are your biggest trading partner and friend...you should worry.

Pfft.. Don't get your hopes up, we like Britain more than you guys.
Quote by red18420

I love the USofA, but I think that a nation can only rule the world so long. The USA is coming to an end as a super power.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by DerekTheDominoe

Hoorah!

I can live in my igloo in peace.

Canada is awesome though

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Well kids, remember the 1930s? You don't? Great Depression? No?! What About DEJA VU?
Well, you'll know in a few months if this keeps up.
Quote by kennyvspenny

Please. Go listen to Rush Limbo. Then you'll have an excuse for being stupid.

There is already a great thread on this. About a month old I might add.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe

Truee dat!
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by inhatredofme
maybe they should just fire up that particle collider and end it all

Don't worry they're getting ready to. They use Euros so they'll be able to afford to turn it on I hope.

On a better note, I've always wondered what a "depression" would be like to live through, those soup lines seems so bitchin'.
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by Ach-med
Don't worry they're getting ready to. They use Euros so they'll be able to afford to turn it on I hope.

On a better note, I've always wondered what a "depression" would be like to live through, those soup lines seems so bitchin'.

Yeah, they seem like they really bring a community together.
Quote by red18420

Originally Posted by Ach-med

Maybe boxing will pick up again for caucasians, and we will have another Barry Bonds(spelling??) new icons are always welcome, but at what expense?
Page 1 of 2