Hey I was wondering if I should get this amp.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG333212

I mostly play metal and dont own a tube amp. I was also wondering what would be some good pedals for it? A distortion pedal? Decimator noise reduction? I play Metallica Children of Bodom and dont really like the distortion to death metalish or w/e. Also would that be a good amp to get?
You started and closed with the same question.
It's fine as is. You might want a delay, but not a distortion pedal.
Also, you should get that amp if you want it, but look at 6262s as well.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
That's a good amp. But only get the decimator if you're having noise issues. You shouldn't need a distortion pedal with that amp, although an OD might be a good idea to tighten up the gain if necessary.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I heard the 333 and the 6262 is the same amp but the 6262 is better for metal but the 333 is better overall amp. Also Isnt an overdrive pedal the same as a distortion pedal? Sorry I dont know a lot about guitar stuff. Oh and my guitar is LTD KH-202 if you wanted to know
Ugh. Dude, you really need to do a little research. You know absolutely nothing. Read the stickies, yo. They'll help.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Ugh. Dude, you really need to do a little research. You know absolutely nothing. Read the stickies, yo. They'll help.

Yeah thanks for telling me something I dont know. I can build computers but know nothing about guitars lol. Its sad
Listen to theoreticmusic. He has a clue.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Dear Jesus, have you gone and turned yourself into an immediate expert?
No. You don't need that with an 18W amp. That's what the volume knob is for.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic

dear jesus have you turned into a complete ass in the last 5 minutes. If you think im stupid dont bother posting in my threads you obviously arnt helping me. BTW its 120 watts not 18.
I'm always a complete ass. But I am helping, if you'd just listen. I'm sorry about the 120W thing, I got that confused with another thread. That's my bad, I'll admit that. But you still don't need that attenuator. I'd research how they work before you make that call. That's not the ideal attenuator for what you want.

Don't judge me.
TS, it might be better if you picked a smaller amp for bedroom practice. 120W sounds crap at volumes that low. Will you be gigging at all in the near future? That would be the only reason to get an amp that big.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
TS, it might be better if you picked a smaller amp for bedroom practice. 120W sounds crap at volumes that low. Will you be gigging at all in the near future? That would be the only reason to get an amp that big.

That's not true. 120w just doesn't sound its best at volumes that low.

Don't judge me.
Quote by stradivari310

I might be gigging in the future and I might as well get the amp now. I have a crate GTD65 amp but I want a tube amp. And plz dont reccomend the the crate tube amps I tried them out and they didnt have the sound I was looking for.
+1 RG50TC.
You can also get alot of killer amps used.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic

Yeah, although for some amps "not its best" is crap.
From my experience tube amps sound pretty fizzy at low volumes (my Classic 50 is pretty bad if the volume is below 1.5), but I guess some do perform well at bedroom volumes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by theoreticmusic

How low are you talking. Would the knob being lower than halfway be to low so on a scale of 10 would 5 or below be bad
No. generally, its below 2. You aren't going to turn a 120W tube amp up past 1.5 or so in your house. 5 is gigging volume.

Don't judge me.
I think you'd be better off with the RG50TC. Look it up. 120W tube is really unnecessary. 50w is plenty to gig with.

Don't judge me.
It's pretty good, but it is by no means the end-all. I'm guessing you haven't played it?
You need to go sit down with some amps and try them.

Don't judge me.
Quote by gpowsang
B-52 all tube 100 watt combo (AT-212)

No question about it.

And just why is that?

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
It's pretty good, but it is by no means the end-all. I'm guessing you haven't played it?
You need to go sit down with some amps and try them.

The probelem is my closest guitar center doesnt carry bugera idk why. And when I did try out amps I bought one that I though sounded good but now I just think its ok.
Most GCs don't have Bugeras. They're pretty new.
That's where the value of this forum is. We give you suggestions as to what to try out, and you go do it. It helps to narrow things down.

Don't judge me.
seem liek all my GC has is Marshall, peavey, crate, line6, behringer, maybe an expensice B-52. and maybe some randall but thats pretty much it.
Your used market might be good. Where do you live?
Oh, and you should look for other music shops in your area. GC is not the ultimate music store.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Your used market might be good. Where do you live?
Oh, and you should look for other music shops in your area. GC is not the ultimate music store.

near Portland Oregon
Quote by theoreticmusic

...fail
18 watts through a (half/quarter) stack at 8-10 on volume is bedroom level? Maybe with headphones or if you're in the next room
Quote by jarudy
...fail
18 watts through a (half/quarter) stack at 8-10 on volume is bedroom level? Maybe with headphones or if you're in the next room

You clearly haven't read the rest of the thread. I'm not even sure what you're talking about, but that was a mistake on my part, and I already acknowledged that.

TS:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/859535254.html
5150. Better than the Bugera, IMO, but still very loud.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/msg/858933866.html
Flextone II. Might be worth looking into. They aren't half bad.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/854742226.html
Mesa F-30. Very nice amp.

Don't judge me.