Let me give you some background information... I mostly play acoustic at church, have been playing bass with a band for several months but now I'm not, I just started with a new band where they want me to play rhythm on the electric, sing a little backup, and I only have a Crate acoustic amp, not an electric amp. I don't know how to dial in much of any tone on an amp other than clean and distortion.

So, I'm considering a Line 6 pod x3 Live. This should allow me to use my acoustic amp, have lots of different sounds, can be used for my acoustic and bass and vocals, and keeps me from having to experiment from alot of pedals and stuff when I don't know what I'm doing. Just seems alot easier since I need an all-in-one solution and need a jump start on different sounds really fast.

However, my electric is a custom one that I got because it was sharp as hell. It has Zakk Wylde EMG's. Is this a waste, or will otherwise be problematic? Otherwise I'm sold. If you guys have any other ideas I'm all ears, but I don't have the time or the money to be jacking with a bunch of pedals and amps trying to find the right one, just want to plug it in and go and spend my time learning this new band's songs.
Quote by theoreticmusic
It's fine.

Wrong.

Yes it will still play, but as a rule EMG's are only for All Valve Siginal paths. The active preamp in the pickups will clip almost ALL digital preamps. Trust me, I've tried. Be prepared for a slight amount of digital distortion in your sound.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
Wrong.

Yes it will still play, but as a rule EMG's are only for All Valve Siginal paths. The active preamp in the pickups will clip almost ALL digital preamps. Trust me, I've tried. Be prepared for a slight amount of digital distortion in your sound.

Meaning that...it's fine. Not great. Not awesome, just fine. It'll work. I've tried too. I do it now.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.