Page 1 of 3
Can anyone help me here?
My computer turns on and all but its so slow that if i even drag my mouse on the desktop it freezes.
Its windows vista.
Format the Hard Drive, downgrade to XP, wait another 2 years until Vista has all the bugs worked out.
Well what you wanna do is.

Step 1) Place computer behind car
Step 2) back car over computer
Step 3) drive car forward over computer
Step 4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed
Step 5) Buy a mac
Stick your Vista cd in when you start and boot from the cd (should do it automatically or ask you to press a key). Then choose to format.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Have any of you vista bashers ever run a computer with vista, or are you just computer illiterate? I've had my computer for well over a year and have run vista without problems.
Quote by captaincrunk
mac = lame...

you=lame

mac=amazing
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by captaincrunk
mac = lame...

i concur....

XP FTW11
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Vista is fine with SP2. Dude just empty out everything and reboot it. Best way is to start new.

Mac = a ****ing PC. There are very few differences. The Mac is better then a PC you say? Get a $2000 PC and tell me the same. Only difference is that nobody uses Macs, thus they aren't getting many viruses. It will change soon enough. Mac's layout and unpopularity compared to PC are the ONLY differences. They are in no way better or worse.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 29, 2008,
If you don't have a partition for reformatting, nor the disk, just try the following:

Go through your Control Panel, and go to "Uninstall Programs"

Uninstall anything you know you're not using, and Google any program you're unsure about.

Next, download and run CCleaner. Use it to clean your registry.

Download and run some sort of anti-malware (Comodo's Firewall with Defense+ has worked for me, but you can use AVG and Windows Defender)

Then defrag your HDD with Disk Defragmenter.

Switch to Firefox or Opera or Chrome from IE, and start running some sort of firewall (Comodo is free and generally regarded to be among the best).

Or screw the mac hipsters and go hardcore with a Unix machine.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
You can restore your computer to the factory settings, so it is like when you first got it. However, this will erase anything you have on your computer. If you want to do that, hold ctrl and f11 when your computer first starts up, hold if for a few seconds then release, this should take you to a restore screen, and you just follow the steps.

If you want to try to keep the things saved on your computer, try going to programs then accessories then system restore and restore your computer to an earlier date.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well what you wanna do is.

Step 1) Place computer behind car
Step 2) back car over computer
Step 3) drive car forward over computer
Step 4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed
Step 5) Buy a mac

lmfaoo ur a joke.... macs are shit...and ur just one of those guilable people who acaully believe all the bullshit advertisement and other stupid shit people tell u....
Quote by Shpongled
Have any of you vista bashers ever run a computer with vista, or are you just computer illiterate? I've had my computer for well over a year and have run vista without problems.

Then you probably don't do much on that computer then. Vista (and Windows, in general) has always had a poor infrastructure that allows it to be vulnerable to virtually anything. The reason why many of us love Macs is because not only are they designed greatly (Unix based foundation), but we have a fun, creative, and safe environment to get our work done with them, without any problems. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with both XP and Vista.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by elekguit
Vista is fine with SP2. Dude just empty out everything and reboot it. Best way is to start new.

Thats the thing i dont know how to.
Quote by vesh
lmfaoo ur a joke.... macs are shit...and ur just one of those guilable people who acaully believe all the bullshit advertisement and other stupid shit people tell u....

Or maybe I'm one of those guys who actually got sick of PCs and bought a mac, then liked it 10,000 times better than his shitty ass PC. Yea, I'll go with that one, jackass.
Quote by vesh

As a mac user, I can guarantee they're not shit.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Thats the thing i dont know how to.

Just google it or take it to a shop. Where I work, we do it for like $30 bro.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by vesh

It's funny how those ads are actually true. Quit complaining because you can't afford a real (and the original!) computer.
Don't listen to all the Mac-lovers. Macs are overpriced and lack any diverse abilities.

Just put your original Windows disc into your PC, hit restart and you should be able to follow the instructions to format your hard drive. After that I'd suggest downgrading to XP until Vista's bugs are worked out.
Quote by vesh

First of all, you sound like a dumb ass right now anyway. Second of all, it all depends on what you want out of your computer. And also, frankly, I think Macs are better for people that are less than computer savvy, ya dig?
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by Shpongled

I've used Vista a lot and I just don't really like it. It's not terrible, I just prefer the mac. I was kidding about the get a mac thing because I new everyone would get mad, Its just my preference. Have you ever used mac?
Quote by Ekofu
Don't listen to all the Mac-lovers. Macs are overpriced and lack any diverse abilities.

Just put your original Windows disc into your PC, hit restart and you should be able to follow the instructions to format your hard drive. After that I'd suggest downgrading to XP until Vista's bugs are worked out.

You save alot of money on a Mac in the long run. Macs have everything you could ever need for a great price.
Quote by Shpongled

I work in geek squad and I deal with vista on a day to day basis, it's horrible. Macs are even worse about once a month or so we'll have to restore a mac someone bought because it wasn't working right the first time, and they're way overpriced. It's around a 7-1 pc-mac selling ratio too, and i've never seen anyone come back with a pc.
Last edited by Flagrare at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by Flagrare
I work in geek squad and I deal with vista on a day to day basis, it's horrible. Macs are even worse about once a month or so we'll have to restore a mac someone bought because it wasn't working right the first time, and they're way overpriced.

SP2 of Vista is just fine. I'm not a big fan, but it's not at all as bad as everyone lets on. Macs ARE overpriced for nothing special though.

Quote by Warheart1188
You save alot of money on a Mac in the long run. Macs have everything you could ever need for a great price.

... You don't deserve my long reply.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Flagrare
I work in geek squad and I deal with vista on a day to day basis, it's horrible. Macs are even worse about once a month or so we'll have to restore a mac someone bought because it wasn't working right the first time, and they're way overpriced.

L O ****in' L

No wonder why you keep spitting out false statements. Vista is fine as long as you have a decent machine. XP is much less buggy, but Vista is not as bad as everyone says it is. Macs are overpriced because only once company makes parts for them. It's called a monopoly.
Quote by Warheart1188
Then you probably don't do much on that computer then. Vista (and Windows, in general) has always had a poor infrastructure that allows it to be vulnerable to virtually anything. The reason why many of us love Macs is because not only are they designed greatly (Unix based foundation), but we have a fun, creative, and safe environment to get our work done with them, without any problems. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with both XP and Vista.

No I use it for lots of things, in fact I built it myself. I play video games (one thing macs kind of lack in), have a lot of music, do tons of torrenting, school work, etc. Never had a virus, it doesn't crash, etc. I am however on my fourth ipod (which is also now broken).
Quote by Warheart1188

Vista unsafe? Are you high!?! The reason why the smart people can hate Vista is that all of its security is a pain in the ass. Need to check EVERYTHING, but it's pretty ****ing safe if you're careful.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by myvaliantleap
L O ****in' L

No wonder why you keep spitting out false statements. Vista is fine as long as you have a decent machine. XP is much less buggy, but Vista is not as bad as everyone says it is. Macs are overpriced because only once company makes parts for them. It's called a monopoly.

Right, so because I work in geek squad means that I lie all the time...
Can someone tell me how adsactly one gos about downgrading to XP?
I adore XP imho.
Macs are great and all im just not at all into the way they are.
Tried it, didnt like it.
To me its like ibanez and schector.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Can someone tell me how adsactly one gos about downgrading to XP?
I adore XP imho.
Tried it, didnt like it.

Just buy XP. You should get it cheap.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Can someone tell me how adsactly one gos about downgrading to XP?
I adore XP imho.
Tried it, didnt like it.

All you got to do is format your hard drive, then boot up your computer with the xp disc in it after all thats done.
How about you build your own PC with XP?

Mac= teh gheyness.

PC wit Dual XP and Ubuntu= win

Step 1)Buy all required parts
Step 2)Buy computer building book from library
Step 3)Build awesome PC
Step 4)Find a Macintosh and beat it to death with a hammer.
Step 5)????????
Step 6)PROFIT!!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
i love how only 4 people have actually attempted to answer the guys question and the rest of the thread has turned into a Mac vs. PC flame war

my flameshield undies are startin to melt
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by cm_punk_fan
i love how only 4 people have actually attempted to answer the guys question and the rest of the thread has turned into a Mac vs. PC flame war

my flameshield undies are startin to melt

I can't agree more
Hahaha
Seriously guys, just answer the question and take the bull**** to a thread that's actually about Mac vs. PC
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Page 1 of 3