I would like to get a eq for my setup I play metal if that helps and I want to be able to get a better lead tone.......I've been looking at the Kerry king one by Dunlop. Have any other suggestions
You're using a Spider. And a Digitech pedal. And a metalcore pedal. Therein lies the problem. An EQ will not fix it, honestly.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
You're using a Spider. And a Digitech pedal. And a metalcore pedal. Therein lies the problem. An EQ will not fix it, honestly.

This. Based on the Spider I had back in the day, the onboard distortion is far far better than the metalcore pedal. Use your insane channel. And of course the Digitech should be taken out of your signal chain entirely.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
well I don't really use the metalcore at all and I don't have a line six I have a crate halfstack which I jmo isn't better but I got it for 150 bucks........let's pretend I have a nice amp. Eq plz
Quote by VeterholtzeN
well I don't really use the metalcore at all and I don't have a line six I have a crate halfstack which I jmo isn't better but I got it for 150 bucks........let's pretend I have a nice amp. Eq plz

We're going by the gear in your sig...

In all seriousness, the EQ won't do anything significant to improve your tone. EQ's are used to polish a tone that's already good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

wow holy shit I like my tone and I know god damn well what an EQ does **** this site I'm sick of beating a fukn answer out of ppl Goodbye!!!
Quote by VeterholtzeN
wow holy shit I like my tone and I know god damn well what an EQ does **** this site I'm sick of beating a fukn answer out of ppl Goodbye!!!

Kthxbai
Keeping it real since '92
MXR 10-band

/thread
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
dude, you're 16, and you joined 8 days ago.
If you like your tone, why are you asking for an EQ? Think about that.
And don't come back if you're going to be a little prick.

Don't judge me.
If the TS is dead-set on an EQ, the 10-band is the way to go. That is, if he comes back

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

hmm im 16 and i joined 8 days ago REALLY?? i did not know that THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!! this would be my second account on UG !!! oh and like the guy said above i would like to "polish" my tone is that ok with you? do i need to write u a whole epic story on my tone and what im going to do with it?!?!
Quote by VeterholtzeN
hmm im 16 and i joined 8 days ago REALLY?? i did not know that THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!! this would be my second account on UG !!! oh and like the guy said above i would like to "polish" my tone is that ok with you? do i need to write u a whole epic story on my tone and what im going to do with it?!?!

you can only have one account on UG(and you're not accepting our advice)

*reported*
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Polish a turd, it's still a turd.
Anyway, if you're dead set on wasting your money, the MXR 10 band EQ is fine.

Don't judge me.