so my flying V had been having some tuning problems latley, i tuned it today but it wouldnt stay in tune, then i realized that certain chords were in tune and others werent. this pisses me off because i just got it set up a month ago for intonation problems. My moms friend who is a proffesional musician whos good wiht guitars adjusted the bridge but said the neck was warped and the problem might be too "specific" to be fixed. Im really pissed off, i ****in loved that thing, it sounded great and felt great. I got it from gutiar center like 2 or 3 months ago, do they have a return policy or something??? it doesnt look good. or am i going to have to deal with the supposedly unhelpful guys at Gibson, its a faded V so theres no way i can sell it or anything like that. But it might be beyond repair, i dont ****ing get it it was playing amazingly a couple of months ago and it just got ****ed in the past 2 or 3 days.

i freakin loved that thing. what do i do?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Haha, turn the truss.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Take if off your profile?

...i'm just kidding, Lol.

I think GC has a year warranty... most places have got a 12 month thing. Call and see.

I hope this all works out for you.
O O

___
What brand of V was it? Usually that has something to do with it. Also, what was the model? Cheap guitars can crap out on you after even a short while.

On a lighter note, nice avatar!
Quote by SenorSmiley
it doesn't sound broken. it sounds like you don't know how to set it up.

This.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
its a faded Gibson flying V. and to seniorsmiley your right, thats why i got it done by a professional and look where thats got me,
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by chuckflan333
This.

He said in the OP that he already got it setup and I'll assume from someone who at least knows what they're doing.

Also - the strings aren't getting stuck in the nut are they? I've heard of that causing some tuning problems before.
if it's under 90 dys GC will prob take it back.

if you love this guitar,

and it wont stay in tune because a tuner is crap then swap them, not hard.

if the intonation wont stay, then swap the saddles, and lube the nut, simple.
if she meant it's a bad fret causing a tuning problem, easy fix.

if the neck seems a little too bent and you're getting buzz, then repost for help,

what i'm saying is that all these things are easy to fix. your pro was so vague as to the problem, maybe you should get a second opinion.
or ask what was this specific problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
90 days is iffy, i got it in June, the thing is i didnt really do anything wrong to it. i got a pro setup and i kept it on its stand or in its case.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
honestly, just blurt out the problem.

what's the unfixable problem, i'm sure it'll be fine.

what strings, what frets, tuning or buzz. that sort of thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

the fretboard is warped and my moms friend says the frets were not placed accuratly on the fretboard.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
the fretboard is warped and my moms friend says the frets were not placed accuratly on the fretboard.

ok fret the low E first fret. at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string is on the fret wire there, then you dont have enough gap.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you may have too much.

for the hell of it, check the high e side also, to compare.

see where that is. then with an electronic tuner, check the tuning along the board.

then tell me what you find.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

damn dude that sucks. i would think gibson has a good manufacturer warranty, so try to go through them if gc wont help. but if you do somehow get a refund, BUY A FENDER. so, if ANYTHING gets screwed up down the road, YOU CAN REPLACE IT. its a really a wonderful philosophy. make something harder to break, thats easier to fix... who'd a thunk it!
Please tell me you got the warranty from guitar center. If so, take it to them and tell them what the problem is.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
your mom's friend is a moron.

Gibson's fretboards are all CNC and there is no chance that the frets would get put in the wrong position.
Quote by SenorSmiley
your mom's friend is a moron.

Gibson's fretboards are all CNC and there is no chance that the frets would get put in the wrong position.

if the wood quality is weak (which ive heafd the faded models are terrible quality mahogany) the frets can be misplaced over time.

and to jj65 i did that with my moms friend and his 300 something dollar tuner right before i posted this.

If i can get a refund i think ill get a Fender HSS highway 1 stratocaster or a Jackson DK2T (according to jackson they still make them but i cant find them anywhere, anyone know where i can get one, i dont want an LFR)

if i could find an RR5 for a reasonable price thatd be great but its not likley.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by SenorSmiley
The fretboard is not made of mahogany.

well then the rosewood is cheap, my point is that faded gibsons are known to have cheap quality wood that can cause this stuff to happen.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Not all "professionals" know what they are doing. Take it to a good shop and get it looked at. A set up isnt that expensive. And then sit down and do some research on how to do it yourself. Yes I have seen guitars with uneven fretboards and missplaced frets. But they werent on gibsons. They were on the 100 dollar knock off guitars at some stores.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
if the wood quality is weak (which ive heafd the faded models are terrible quality mahogany) the frets can be misplaced over time.

and to jj65 i did that with my moms friend and his 300 something dollar tuner right before i posted this.

If i can get a refund i think ill get a Fender HSS highway 1 stratocaster or a Jackson DK2T (according to jackson they still make them but i cant find them anywhere, anyone know where i can get one, i dont want an LFR)

if i could find an RR5 for a reasonable price thatd be great but its not likley.

Well, talk about grand....

I highly doubt the guitars wood would be so weak that the frets would be misplaced. Get a second opinion, I'm highly doubting your guitar is totally fooked.