This is probably only been shown in the UK but I've watched the last couple of episodes.

Basically bratty teenagers are sent to live with strict families in different countries such as the US (in Alabama), the West Indies and India.

Do you think being ultra strict is the best way to do things? Or do you think that being strict is too over-the-top?
Never seen it, not being aired here, but I think it's not the parents that decide the kids actions by their strictness, I think its their surroundings. If it is popular to smoke weed and get high, most kids will do it regardless of their parents strictness, kids ALWAYS find ways to sneak around their parents
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Never seen it, not being aired here, but I think it's not the parents that decide the kids actions by their strictness, I think its their surroundings. If it is popular to smoke weed and get high, most kids will do it regardless of their parents strictness, kids ALWAYS find ways to sneak around their parents

this.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Never seen the show.

My parents were never particularly strict and I turned out fine, or even great if I may say so myself.

Mind you, the pit is having an awful influence on me
No.

We've been talking about development a lot in my psychology class, and all thought it's not necessarily caused by being more strict, kids raised in strict homes generally tend to be worse than kids raised in less strict homes.

Although just letting your kids do whatever they want doesn't work either. Parents have to find a balance.

Edit: \/ Exactly. \/
Last edited by archangels666 at Sep 29, 2008,
I think a progressively more lenient set of freedoms based on age works best. My parents let me make my own mistakes, form my own ideas and experiences, but they never let me make bad life choices. Total strictness makes it hard for anyone to develop as an individual, but total hands-off parenting leads to spoiled little ****wits (i.e. ninety percent of today's youth).

As in most things, moderation is key.

*I've never raised kids, but I think it's a pretty logical way to look at it*
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
I think a progressively more lenient set of freedoms based on age works best. My parents let me make my own mistakes, form my own ideas and experiences, but they never let me make bad life choices. Total strictness makes it hard for anyone to develop as an individual, but total hands-off parenting leads to spoiled little ****wits (i.e. ninety percent of today's youth).

As in most things, moderation is key.

*I've never raised kids, but I think it's a pretty logical way to look at it*

+10000000
Being overly strict does nothing but fuck your kid up. I know from knowing some of my friends.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Being overly strict is bad, the kid is most likely to rebel and turn out bad. I mean there has to be rules and guidelines, but you have to let the kid live his/her life.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
No kid can't be tamed with enough chloroform.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by StreetLight3989
Being overly strict is bad, the kid is most likely to rebel and turn out bad.

And they have no street sensibilities because they're shut out all the time. Then they go all out of spite and do retarded things. I've seen it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Being strict is one thing, but crossing it with some form of religion (89% of the time this is what happens) and im ****ing furious.
Digital Distribution sucks.
Quote by Seani3
Being strict is one thing, but crossing it with some form of religion (89% of the time this is what happens) and im ****ing furious.

I'm going to bring my kid up as a Christian but there is no way I will be this strict.
Quote by Xiaoxi
And they have no street sensibilities because they're shut out all the time. Then they go all out of spite and do retarded things. I've seen it.

Reminds me of a girl I knew....her family were rich and strict and their answer when she wanted attention is to throw money at her. As a result she was messed up, really unconfident and timid.
Overly strict parents -> Kids end up resenting parents, so they do whatever they want. Eventually they just stop caring about what punishments the parents give.

No guidlines at all -> Kids do whatever they want. They don't care about punishment since, generally, the parents will bail them out.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm going to bring my kid up as a Christian but there is no way I will be this strict.

As a confirmed atheist, I think that raising a kid without letting him choose what he wants to believe is not good for him.

This is only my point of view though.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
This is probably only been shown in the UK but I've watched the last couple of episodes.

Basically bratty teenagers are sent to live with strict families in different countries such as the US (in Alabama), the West Indies and India.

Do you think being ultra strict is the best way to do things? Or do you think that being strict is too over-the-top?

I think with different things parents should be strict on (and this is from personal experience) for youngish teenagers (14-15) things like drugs and drinking should be really strict, but things like computer, phone, or TV use shouldn't be as strict unless it is impairing the child's ability at school.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by JeanMi36
As a confirmed atheist, I think that raising a kid without letting him choose what he wants to believe is not good for him.

"Daddy, i want to be muslim."

just playing.haha.
Digital Distribution sucks.
Quote by Seani3
"Daddy, i want to be muslim."

just playing.haha.

If he wants to, it's alright. I mean, Cat Stevens became a muslim too.

By making a decison himself, I thought as an adult, and not as a little kid :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36

What I mean is that I will make them aware of what the Bible says and what I believe is the right path. But at the end of the day they've got to make their decision.
my parents arent strict with me , and im pretty well-behaved and polite most of the time , so i think being strict is a waste of time tbh
I saw the one where some gay kid and some girl were sent to USA with some christian family and the one where 2 people are sent to india. The parents in both were mental cases and should be locked up.
Quote by guitar/bass76
They should tell them they're being sent to pakistan...just to scare them into behaving.

That's awful. Defending their actions because it's a centuries old tradition? Imagine what the world would be if we all lived with centuries old traditions.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think we can all agree that a balance is the key. But can we all agree on what that balance is? I'm sure virtually everyone thinks they have a good balance, hell I'm sure hitler and mussolini did.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Never heard of the show.

But I think if you're mega strict about everything, sooner or later the kids will see things in the outside world and realise that there's all this stuff they were never able to do or were restricted from. Then they will rebel big time.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
India is close....

Yes they are geographically close by, but Pakistan is way more chaotic right now, and much more muslim-dominated (which means anti-west and morally uptight).
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What I mean is that I will make them aware of what the Bible says and what I believe is the right path. But at the end of the day they've got to make their decision.

They should be shown both sides. not just the "Right" way

If i had a child i would open up all possibilities to him/her not just my way of thinking.

I would love to have a daughter so i have an excuse to beat up guys half my age.

"You lookin at my princess?!"

"Dude shes 3"

*Takes off belt*