I was thinking about getting a vox AD 50vt xl, and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I've heard good things about their valvetronix line, and I saw the review in guitar world and loved the sound. Also, I was thinking of getting it from www.lamusic.com It looks pretty legit, but has anyone used it before? I'd rather not order the amp online, but I can't find it anywhere reasonably near me. thanks
That's the high gain version. If you want more vintage voicing, you don't want the XL. that site should be fine.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
It's a good amp. What type of music do you play? What is your budget? Will you play with a drummer or just home practice? Would you consider used gear to get better equipment? If so what major city do you live near? used markets vary...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
It's a good amp. What type of music do you play? What is your budget? Will you play with a drummer or just home practice? Would you consider used gear to get better equipment? If so what major city do you live near? used markets vary...

It's going to be mostly for metal, which is why I decided to go with the XL line. My budget is probably around 500 bucks, but that can go up, I'd just like to spend around 500, which is when i came across lamusic. I have a jackson rr x series, with seymour duncan blackouts. the biggest city I live near is halifax, nova scotia. I tried calling all the stores there and couldn't find any, and they couldn't order one in for me because they don't deal with vox.
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
It's going to be mostly for metal, which is why I decided to go with the XL line. My budget is probably around 500 bucks, but that can go up, I'd just like to spend around 500, which is when i came across lamusic. I have a jackson rr x series, with seymour duncan blackouts. the biggest city I live near is halifax, nova scotia. I tried calling all the stores there and couldn't find any, and they couldn't order one in for me because they don't deal with vox.

The AD50VT is a good amp, don't get me wrong, but I think you would be better suited with a nice tube amp - a tube amp would respond better to those nice active pickups that you have than an SS amp would
http://halifax.en.craigslist.ca/msg/821678479.html JCM 2000 Marshall. $400, worth a look. Some people love it, some hate it. It's your ears and cash in the end, but worth checking out.

http://halifax.en.craigslist.ca/msg/844614361.html Orange Rocker 30 head. OK I realize that it's waaaaay over budget. But that's a nice amp for what you play. Maybe you can work a deal with the guy somehow.

For a metal amp at $500, the AD50XL is good but there are better out there. Keep an eye on the craigslist and see what pops up. Go try that Marshall.

Edit: DAMN YOU JOSH!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I might check out that marshall. I know alot of people don't like the jcm's, but i've never played one so i wouldnt know. I'll try to get ahold of the guy. Thanks for thge replies.