Hye guys, i wrote my first song and recorded it recently. what do you think?? any tips for a newby recorder?? in my profile, called Left Alone

the lead guitar tone sucks cause i had to mic my spider instead of my beautiful bugera anywho, leave a link and ill check out your stuff too! cheers!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Sounds good! The rhythm/backing part is a little bland on its own - put vocals overtop and I'm sure it'd work though. The lead was wicked though, not overdone, emphasizes the right notes - loved it. 2mins obviously short for a song, you could flesh it out. If it's strictly instrumental spend more time on the lead and shave off the time where it's just the rhythm part.

As for recording techniques, not sure what you do to get a better sound when micing an amp, I use a USB connector for mine - would imagine that's the best way to get a good lead sound.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16497440#post16497440
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I really liked it. The backing was bland i agree and it went a little long in the intro. However, the lead was wicked. I almost expected Ozzy to bust out some singing there for a sec. I think it was all said above me little short but man you got the base of a wicked song there. For a first song cudos!

-Soul

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968017
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
thanks guys, ill get to your stuff when i have time, right now midterms are kicking my ass, lol
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)