well... I have Yamaha EG-112 (not te best, I know, avoid agressive commentaries)

and I have this problem:
when I went to my guitar teacher I asked him to lower my strings, I when He did, all, I mean ALL my strings started buzzing and now I would like them to stop doing it.
the thing is that I would like stay with the good action I am having now, but without the buzzing... I was wondering if I could raise the strings and in some way lower the tremolo, but I need someone to explain me how to do something like that.

there's a picture so that U can see teh bridge... please, I will be very thankful for any piece of advice!!!

http://www.componemos.com/images/guitarra-electrica-yamaha-eg-112.jpg

thanks!
at the top, there should be a black piece right where tneck meets the head

i thunk if you un-screw it, there will be an allen wrench thing, and use that to lower or higher the action
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
at the top, there should be a black piece right where tneck meets the head

i thunk if you un-screw it, there will be an allen wrench thing, and use that to lower or higher the action

Do this if you want to break your guitar. While a truss rod adjustment may be necessary, the truss isn't meant to adjust action and should only be tampered with if you know what you're doing.

TS if your teacher was unable to lower your action without buzz, you may just want to take it to a shop and have a professional do it. It's more than worth the price.
mmmh yeah, as far as I know screwing the truss rod is to get the neck straight when it bended to one side (I know, I must learn how to speak in English, lol). and that is not the problem

I forgot to say that my techer said to me that in that way the strings were lower, but if i wanted them to be lowered properly (I suppose with the work done correctly, and not in 2 minutes) I could left the guitar to him... but it would cost me, and I didn't wanted to pay him...

I was wondering if someone knew how to do it properly (see the picture to "analyse" the tremolo)
Adjusting the action is something a guitar player should know, you shouldn't have to pay a tech to do it. Just google adjusting action on Yamaha EG-112 and it should tell you, if not find a guitar with a similar bridge and then search how to adjust the action on that
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.