This piece would most squarely fall upon melo-death, while I feel that it has subtle mathcore and crust punk influences.
You be the judge.
Crit please.

NOTe: You will most likely require TuxGuitar to open the files.
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/download.html
It's absolutely free and can open files in PowerTab and Guitar Pro 3,4, and 5.

Now I have this song in GP 4&5.
Attachments:
brooding_doom.zip
Last edited by huevos at Nov 3, 2008,
I think this is actually pretty good, liked it more than your other one. I'm not gonna go into too many specifics because I'm sleepy but I'll point out the important things. Some sections were meh, for an example 167-182. It was mainly the lead guitar there that made it bad though. I liked that section starting at 11, very BTBAM Silent Circus era-ish. 15-17, meh, 18-25, awesome. Bass breaks seemed out of place, I would try putting some drums in there (just bass drums and some fancy hi hat work would work)
Nice use of dissonance at 134, metalcore riff after here is somewhat annoying though. All in all it was pretty good, just a few parts were meh.. Also, none of it is really memorable, no parts that stick out that much.
I do agree that none of it is very memorable.
I was going for a BTBAM sort of vibe, but mainly The Black Dahlia Murder and Leftover Crack. I was trying to fuse punk and death metal without going into grindcore/deathcore terrority.

Those transitions aren't too smooth and I definitely want to overhaul the song.
This was more of a drum exercise though.
And when I say that I wanted to fuse punk and death metal, it was mainly in the drumming.
Oh, and I think I gave you an older version of that song. I got rid of the first bass break, so the guitars are playing that portion.

I think trimming the songs excessive riffs and consolidating the already strong parts, I could have a really great tune.
Quote by huevos
I do agree that none of it is very memorable.
I was going for a BTBAM sort of vibe, but mainly The Black Dahlia Murder and Leftover Crack. I was trying to fuse punk and death metal without going into grindcore/deathcore terrority.

Those transitions aren't too smooth and I definitely want to overhaul the song.
This was more of a drum exercise though.
And when I say that I wanted to fuse punk and death metal, it was mainly in the drumming.
Oh, and I think I gave you an older version of that song. I got rid of the first bass break, so the guitars are playing that portion.

I think trimming the songs excessive riffs and consolidating the already strong parts, I could have a really great tune.

I agree.