First off, I've got an Ibanez S470 and a Vox AD50VT.

Lately, when playing with distortion, my amp's volume has been fluctuating in and out. It's not too terribly bad, but it is noticeable. I just got a new cable and have tried many others so I know it's not that. At first I was only thinking that it was the amp, but then I started to move my guitar around and the volume would change with it, but that might have been a coincidence, as it only happened once.

I've got a show coming up that I'm playing too, so this is really frustrating.

Thanks for any help.
Could be your guitar, have you tried a different one?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You said it happens when you move about? That makes me think it's the output jack on your guitar. If you don't know how to fool around with it have a tech take a look, if it's just the jack he should have no trouble with it and probably not even need you to leave your guitar.
Or your cable. Usually they crackle and pop, but it's something I would check with the other suggestions.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
He said he tried new cables and different cables, thats why I jumped to the output jack.
Quote by Kevin Saale
He said he tried new cables and different cables, thats why I jumped to the output jack.

Sorry I took a short bus to the forum today. Wore my helmet though, thank goodness.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.